Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I didn't..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    when I get close to people who are a possible boyfriend I freak out and stop talking to them
    not really sure why

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sometimes i will

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm a big people person most of the time but there are the odd times where I'll either push people away or be that terrified of them (generally after an attack) that I just become a complete introvert reduced to one worded answers or traditionally "I don't minds"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I push people away indirectly. As in, I might just stop talking to someone because I don't know how to deal with getting any closer or any more vulnerable with them because im scared to. This happens a lot with guys. If I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with someone I freak out and isolate myself until they get the hint :/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not anymore. I even enjoy getting to know new people now and I try to initiate friendships.. I guess getting positive feedback made me feel more and more confident about approaching people and letting people approach me. I never thought I'd get to this point. I've pushed people away most of my life because I knew I wouldn't be able to be a good friend to them. I used to be quite reserved, I hated talking on the phone (had phone phobia) so I never called anyone and never picked up the phone when people called me.. and I never felt like hanging out with most people because it was exhausting to try to be social. I just wanted to be left alone.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    lately i've lost hope and push the whole world away except online where I've made an effort to stay active.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Too much. It's still the biggest reason I can't maintain friendships and friends.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am in a relationship with someone who is now showing STRONG avoidant issues. I am looking for support from others who have dealt with this. I am 45, my partner is 50, we have been dating for 5 years, which have been wonderful until about the last 6 mths, this avoidant/depressed personality has popped out. In beginning he was so attentive, talkative, put me on a pedestal etc etc etc.... Almost overnight he has flipped completely opposite. Avoid avoid avoid. Used to want to spend every minute with me, now avoids seeing me. We have a long distance relationship. He has put himself in thearpy and has asked me for '''time''' . Not sure what this means. He cannot answer any question I ask, says he doesnt want to break up, says he loves me, says he's in love with me, says hes attracted to me, but is avoiding me like the plague
    will not say anything nice and will not say anything bad, just keeps saying he is a bad person, I deserve better, I am a good person. He thinks he lied through our relationship. Thinks he's born to be single and alone, he is retreating into his cave. Should I give up or keep pushing for our relationship I love him dearly. But he cant answer any question I ask.. cannot say yes he wants to see me or no he doesnt... says it's up to me... whatever is best for me... acting as though he does not care at all for me, but I can see deep in his eyes he does. HELP !!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am very much the same way. Recently Ive had a habit of creating closeness between me and another person, then for some reason I grow complacent and I realise that I have ignored that person. I think it stems from a fear of connecting with someone emotionally when you know that this can be thrown back in your face. I have spent a lot of my life experiencing a feeling of rejection and a heavy heart. I think that it makes people like us emotionally tough, so we crave the company of others, while subconciously we are being told that we can get hurt. I am trying to work my way around this by answering peoples questions on their emotional upsets via the internet, its a good exercise for communication. But in the end I believe the best way to get around it is to let go of the barriers you build around yourself and let someone in. Dont rush around and forget your emotions, remember that feeling of loneliness when you feel like you might be pushing that certain someone away from you. This is one of the most prominent issues in my life at the moment.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    EnviousEnvious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the past few years on and off I have unintentionally pushed those closest to me away, and shut myself away in my room with the curtains shut, with the main comforts I need, my bed and laptop......it's crazy cos one side of me just wants to be alone, and yet I feel down cos I am alone....it's really confusing, however, these past few months have been horrible, I have uncontrollably pushed everyone away and feel I have lost a big chunk of who I used to be, and cannot get that part of me back, and I feel like I can no longer connect with anyone around me, and feel whatever small part of me that is left is going to vanish as well. I don't know what will happen then...and where I'll end up....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For some inexplicable reason, the closer I get to someone, the more prone I am to pushing them away. I've had this happen recently actually, as I've gotten to know some people better over the past couple of days but now all I desire is to retreat to my room and stay here. I ignore all texts, phone calls, emails etc. And then I being to feel regret because the loneliness sinks in. It's an annoying, vicious cycle.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes i steer clear before that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.