Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Changed my mind. Given the right triggers I worry about everything, including cancer.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no, i dont worry about getting cancer or anything else, we all have to die sometime :/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I...yeah, I worry about it sometimes. Spray-painting is part of my hobby and even though I wear a respirator, some fumes inevitably get through there. Also, I used to smoke, and I grew up with secondhand smoke all my life, so it's my lungs I sometimes worry about. My mother had breast cancer, maternal grandfather died of prostate cancer, and so on.

It helps that I work at a hospital, so if anything weird starts to happen I have plenty of people to talk to about it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Occasionally. I am a secondhand smoke person, too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    There's no history of cancer in my family, except one case of testicular cancer for my dad. I wish I could develop cancer so I can finally go kill myself, but yeah, there's like a 0.00000000001% chance of me developing it.

My family aren't a bunch of health addicts either. A ton of fried food, sugar, other crap in our diets; frying in the sun; the stuff you're supposed to avoid if you don't want cancer. And yet they're all living to ripe old ages or dying of other causes.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cancer isn't something that's prevalent in either side of my family. However, my dad's side has a long history of Alzheimer's and that is probably the scariest thing I can think of.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All the time
    I think I just have major hypochondria in general...
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I mostly worry about a loved one getting cancer... I think I'm more scared of losing a loved one than dying.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes. It greatly runs in the family. One cousin had breast cancer & another has colon cancer. Then my mother had cervical cancer. The most popular in my family is skin cancer. Eventually the cancer train is gonna hit me. That's why I make sure I have an all over Physical each year to make sure.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been scared of skin cancer for a while. Ever since I've found out what skin cancer is. I think two of my relatives have had cancer but it wasn't skin and they weren't direct family (i.e siblings, parents, grandparents etc.), they were like second uncles or aunts. I'm pretty sure I won't ever get it but if it turns out I did, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, ever since my father died of colon cancer when I was 12 years old I have been terrified of it and been thinking I have it. If I hurt any where I think I have stage 4 that has spread. I'm thinking I have it right now cause I haven't been feeling well lately. Last summer I ran to the Emergency cause I thought I was having a heart attack. They ran a bunch of tests, gave me some ativan and sent me home with an anxiety problem.
    When all else fails hug your dog

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder why people worry far more about cancer than cardiovascular disease. You're most likely to die from one or the other, but cancer elicits way more fear and pity. Maybe because it usually causes more physical pain?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sad coming back to this thread and reading my last post. My aunt's step-father was diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer. Not technically my family but they've acted more like family than my actual family ever since I got to Calgary.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nope.

My therapist actually showed me a video once of a guy who has proven that when we worry about certain things, it triggers dormant stuff in our bodies like cancer. The most I got out of the video was something about olives (wasn't listening much), but the gist of it was that we all have things that lie dormant in our bodies from hereditary or environment. If we obsess enough we release something (not sure what he said), that can trigger the very genetic or environmental thing we are trying to avoid.

I'm not saying he's right, but it helped me stop worrying about things so much.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    This sometimes worries me... Unfortunately I have known a good number of people who have gotten it.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that you can get it suddenly and with little to no warning.

Sure, there are things that you can do which will help reduce your risk (healthy diet, exercise, etc.) but even then it can still happen.

I look forward to the day when we have finally been able to rid ourselves of this illness!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.