Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

In pictures: Russian military build-up near Ukraine

Source: BBC

Nato's decision to release over 20 satellite images and associated maps of the Russian military build-up on Ukraine's eastern frontier is a signal of the concern among the alliance's commanders that a Russian military option against Ukraine is very much on the table, the BBC's diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus reports.

The imagery issued by Nato's Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (Shape) reportedly dates from late March and early April. It encompasses five locations in an arc around Ukraine's frontier. Imagery from a sixth site was provided by Airbus Defence and Space.

At a number of other locations the massed vehicles of mechanised infantry or motor rifle brigades can be seen - not just tanks and infantry combat vehicles but artillery and the large number of supply trucks needed to keep a mechanised force on the move.

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26968312
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In March when I was "avoiding" a birthday party at a doughnut shop. Yeah, rather than make awkward chit chat with other parents I opted to drink tea and watch The Brady Bunch at a deserted doughnut shop. A member of the Pa National Guard told the clerk he was going to Lithuania. She was like Lithuania???? Apparently the USA is quietly moving troops around as well.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.