Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Tweeting that you are terrorist @americanair is a very bad idea.

Seriously, how can people be so stupid? I don't quite know how the user thought this would be funny...

terroristfailcapture_140413100_616.jpg
    I'm still not entirely sure she's quite realized why posting something like that on twitter is a bad idea...

At least I have something to tell at school tomorrow lol
    — Sarah (@QueenDemetriax_)
    Omg I gained 3k followers today
    — Sarah (@QueenDemetriax_)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Im all for freedom of speech and most certainly against censorship of almost any kind but tweeting something like this on a public forum on the internet is just an incredibly stupid idea.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Seriously, how can people be so stupid? I don't quite know how the user thought this would be funny...

I'm still not entirely sure she's quite realized why posting something like that on twitter is a bad idea...
    That's the thing about the internet these days. There are (some) people out there who will do anything for laughs and/or attention and fail to see the consequences of their actions. Because there haven't been serious consequences in the past, their behavior continues until they are punished, in some way.

Many users of various websites tend to have the attitude "It's the internet", "Why so serious?", "I was just kidding", "It's a joke", "This is a parody/satire", "He/she didn't mean it", etc. Even if it's a threat, they love to assume that the person is not serious.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Im all for freedom of speech and most certainly against censorship of almost any kind but tweeting something like this on a public forum on the internet is just an incredibly stupid idea.
    So am I, but the thing would always be, what if it was real? They'd have to investigate in case it was.

And when it happens to be not...well, you've just wasted FBI time.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't see what the big deal is, the joke wasn't funny but does that mean we need to overact to it. And I like to know how did they got her IP address, the only Twitter would have her IP address.

Also, moved to News.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is, the joke wasn't funny but does that mean we need to overact to it. And I like to know how did they got her IP address, the only Twitter would have her IP address.

Also, moved to News.
    I don't think they did, twitter came back and said that Americanair wouldn't have the IP. It was mostly an empty scare threat from some employee.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    Hahaha good, serves her right. People are mind-numbingly stupid sometimes.
    Jesus Christ, what gave her the idea to post something like that in the first place?!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She also tweeted, ““I’m just a fangirl pls I don’t have evil thoughts and plus I’m a white girl.
    So that goes on in other countries as well? We hear a lot of stuff in the states about how some people think "special treatment" as soon as they mention that someone is White.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As stupid and insensitive as her bad joke may have been, I hope they don't actually end up filing any charges against her for showing really poor judgment. I feel like giving her more than just a verbal chastising from an authority figure is venturing into the realm of fascism.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    So that goes on in other countries as well? We hear a lot of stuff in the states about how some people think "special treatment" as soon as they mention that someone is White.
    Sure looks like it. When I saw that yesterday, I thought she was from the U.S. (sad, I know). Then I later learned she was somewhere outside of the states. Either way, that "white girl" part of her tweets made me facepalm even more.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The "white girl" part of the equation is pretty facepalm worthy—quite amusing.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    The IRA comes to mind. They were white. And yet they were terrorists.

It doesn't go on so much here. It's not so much skin colour, more ethnicity. We notice accents, facial structures, the slight changes in skin tone. People from Poland/East European don't seem to get much "special treatment" here for being white.

I'm guessing she thinks all terrorists are, well...not white. Or that a white person couldn't be living in Afghanistan.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I'm guessing she thinks all terrorists are, well...not white. Or that a white person couldn't be living in Afghanistan.
    Yeah. I guess she would also think that there would be no Black people in China or something similar.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.