Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Binge Eating Disorder

Anybody have it or use to have it? I use to be worse than what I am now since I discovered meds that help my anxiety & moods better. My big reason for it all. Felt as if only food only made me happy & the only thing I got happy for yet made me feel like crap at the same time. I still have those feelings sometimes but I'm recovering and trying to manage the weight.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Rawr View Post
    Anybody have it or use to have it? I use to be worse than what I am now since I discovered meds that help my anxiety & moods better. My big reason for it all. Felt as if only food only made me happy & the only thing I got happy for yet made me feel like crap at the same time. I still have those feelings sometimes but I'm recovering and trying to manage the weight.
    I'm glad to hear that you are recovering from this!

Have you found anything else that makes you happy and supplements this urge since this post?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I used to binge eat at night a lot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wen i stress and my gad is at its worst i wont eat i loose my appetite which ment i lost a sone in weight few years ago! Then i went to comfort eatting and now i worry if i eat 2much or eat unhealthy food i wil get big(fat) even tho im not big im size 8 i no ice put weight on i did have forts of making me self sick but i didnt do it cus i no its not the rite thing 2do and wil only make me ill!! Ive started to use called ketone? It jus makes me feel lil better im really in 2 keeping fit i fink its al about control cus atm i cant control certain situations. Does this sound like the start of an eatting disorder???? This is 1st time ive ever told any 1. Scarey feel ashamed 2 that ive had those forts of making me self sick but not going to act on it

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I had a binge / purge EDNOS. Didn't quite fit criteria for bulimia because I compensated for binges mainly with exercise and undereating. I got better in my early 20s for no particular reason. I think it was down to brain maturation and developing better impulse control so I managed to break the cycle.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes.
    But for the first time in my life I feel like I have control over it, as I no longer binge on food ( junk food) .and everyday was a struggle with food,
    I no longer feel guilty after I eat. And my life feels slightly easier because of it. My body feels better
    We are the walking dead

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.