Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    When I was first "rediagnosed" as SA in the summer of 2004, my doctor actually questioned between that or bipolar disorder. I was given Lithium (yes - it's like eating a battery!), and it took what OCD I thought I had and blew it up. I would check things 10 and 20 times - I guess my attention span became that short.

After a week of taking the med, I told that doctor that I just had to stop taking it. Something was definitely wrong. She then tried Lexapro - did nothing, and then Paxil. I have been there ever since. Actually, I was up to 50mg/day at my worst point. Today, I am at 20.
    Heard a lot of horror stories about Lithium. Never actually taken it and honestly I'm scared to. Hopefully I'll never have to.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Heard a lot of horror stories about Lithium. Never actually taken it and honestly I'm scared to. Hopefully I'll never have to.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I could understand that it works for some, but that's a different kind of drug.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have heard horror stories about Trazadone. Ffs.

I've heard it leaves you with a hangover that you will never, ever forget. And I've heard you wake up in this "fog" that you can't snap out of.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Buspar by far was the worst poison I ever took.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Effexor.... That mess made me feel like a Zombie.

Buspar was just candy to me.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I guess Lexapro. Useless for both anxiety and depression, at least for me. Felt extremely tired all the time. Dear SSRIs: I need help getting OUT of bed, not staying in it. >.<

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    I guess Lexapro. Useless for both anxiety and depression, at least for me. Felt extremely tired all the time. Dear SSRIs: I need help getting OUT of bed, not staying in it. >.<
    Ditto... I've been on just about all SSRIs/SNRIs under the sun. Does not do crap for SA or depression. Right now I'm now I'm on Zoloft - and the only reason I take them is because I get brain zaps if I withdraw from them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote polarblu View Post
    Ditto... I've been on just about all SSRIs/SNRIs under the sun. Does not do crap for SA or depression. Right now I'm now I'm on Zoloft - and the only reason I take them is because I get brain zaps if I withdraw from them.
    I'm sorry you've not had good experiences either. Unfortunately, I'll be back on the med-go-round soon. I've got to give something at least a chance because I don't feel as though I've got a choice at the moment. Whatever it ends up being, I don't plan on it being forever. I do worry about things like withdrawal. Actually, I think Zoloft was what my doc named first when I expressed interest in trying another SSRI soon. Have to wait for a heart operation to be over with first though, before I change my meds. Hate this in-between state. I've never been in more need of help and it's so far away. Not a good feeling. Getting therapy, but not till late July. I'm kind of just my own therapist right now. I'm [BEEP] at it, tbh. I wouldn't hire me!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Have to wait for a heart operation to be over with first though, before I change my meds.
    Heart surgery? **bearhugs** does that have anything to do with the problem your dad had a few years back?

Btw I remember how much Lexapro sucked for you... I really hope you'll find something that actually works next time. *Fingers crossed*

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    Heart surgery? **bearhugs** does that have anything to do with the problem your dad had a few years back?

Btw I remember how much Lexapro sucked for you... I really hope you'll find something that actually works next time. *Fingers crossed*

Thanks Kirse no nothing do to with what my dad had although I was checked for that. That would likely be something that happened years down the road, if it were going to happen. Minimally invasive procedure for SVT. I'd care less but I have to be awake for it and there's no set time frame for how long it'll take :/. I wish they'd give me the damn appointment date, which the were supposed to do weeks ago. Anyway, I'll just be glad when it's done so I can get on with everything else. The whole sudden heart condition thing outta nowhere skyrocketed my anxiety. Other recent events haven't helped but that's mainly the issue. After the diagnosis I was in the ER with a panic attack a week later. I've never, ever, in my life experienced anxiety that strong before. It's funny; you have a problem your whole life and you think you know everything about it, or at least your specific case. Things change though. Time has helped a lot (it's been a few months now I think). The whole nature of the issue terrifies me and I am actively trying to change that, but it's near impossible when I can't change my meds or go to therapy yet. Typically I pride myself on being more reasonable and not blowing things out or proportion. Life's been shitting on me for a solid year now though lol so I'll be damned if anybody tries to tell me it's not a little justified. Baby steps?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks Kirse no nothing do to with what my dad had although I was checked for that. That would likely be something that happened years down the road, if it were going to happen. Minimally invasive procedure for SVT. I'd care less but I have to be awake for it and there's no set time frame for how long it'll take :/. I wish they'd give me the damn appointment date, which the were supposed to do weeks ago. Anyway, I'll just be glad when it's done so I can get on with everything else. The whole sudden heart condition thing outta nowhere skyrocketed my anxiety. Other recent events haven't helped but that's mainly the issue. After the diagnosis I was in the ER with a panic attack a week later. I've never, ever, in my life experienced anxiety that strong before. It's funny; you have a problem your whole life and you think you know everything about it, or at least your specific case. Things change though. Time has helped a lot (it's been a few months now I think). The whole nature of the issue terrifies me and I am actively trying to change that, but it's near impossible when I can't change my meds or go to therapy yet. Typically I pride myself on being more reasonable and not blowing things out or proportion. Life's been shitting on me for a solid year now though lol so I'll be damned if anybody tries to tell me it's not a little justified. Baby steps?
    So sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch I hope your anxiety will become more manageable once the surgery is over with.. I can totally see how knowing that you actually have a heart condition could trigger the worst panic attacks, since the beginning of a panic attack feels a lot like the beginning of a heart attack (at least in my experience) and the fear of dying can make things escalate pretty fast.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts, E.! <3

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Lithium.

I was tested for bipolar disorder......twice. I don't have it.

In fact, for the week I was on lithium - it was like eating a battery......for OCD. I can't remember a time that I was so OCD in my entire life. I mean, checking things 10 and 20 times - my attention span must have been reduced to nothing on that stuff and they call it a stabilizer?! I had to beg the doctor to get me off of it.

Then there was Geodon, the medication for schizophrenia......in my case my anxiety was so severe, I could not sleep if I tried.....for days due to worry and fear. That stuff was just a strong sleeping pill, to the point I was groggy all day. I was only on that for a couple of months.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Worst meds

Serqual i was on it at 10 and it made me feel high and completely out of it made me gain at least 70 pounds my 2nd one would be ablify and Latuda both caused severe reactions as well as other pills that made me obsessively sleep. As well as some as a kid according to my mom made me hostel and violent

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm on Seroquel at the moment. It's a drug which works for me, but which has really, really horrid side effects. (Some of the nastiest I've had).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thorazine was also a horrible experience I only got it through injections when showing signs of behavioral or anger issues I would go from feeling hostile and mad to getting the injection and just having no emotion just laying on the couch like unaware it also altered my taste buds it seemed like everything I enjoyed I no longer did and I had extreme dry mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.