Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Douchebag bouncer.

I posted a message on Facebook a couple of months ago because of this incident that happened at this place in town that I usually go to in the weekends. The bouncer that's usually at the door denied me from getting in, falsely accusing me of being intoxicated. Anyhow, he soon figured out who I was from my ID, things have been very tense ever since. I think he got in to a bit of trouble over the incident too.

For all that time though, he layed off for a while and I thought that was the end of it, but last Saturday however, As I was about to enter the building, he called me back and started mocking me in front of his buddy and completely humiliated me in front of the people that were in the line and now I get the feeling he won't let it go.

Now I dread waiting to get in, to face the same guy because I feel he'll keep doing it, until he pushes me too far. Right before you say, well why don't you go somewhere else instead? Well this is one of the only few good places left in the city after a devastating earthquake that occured a few years ago and destroyed most of the city and it's night life.

I'm stuck in a dilemma where I've run out of options and it's all I've been thinking about ever since last Saturday.

Any help or advice?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Douchebag bouncer.

Good advice from Parakeet there, I was a 'bouncer' in a previous life and saw this kind of stupid behaviour happen quite often. It is your RIGHT to be able to go to a club and not feel threatened by the people who are there to protect you, deffo contact the owners and make them aware of this, I am sure they will take your side.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Re: Douchebag bouncer.

Quote Rick189
    I posted a message on Facebook a couple of months ago because of this incident that happened at this place in town that I usually go to in the weekends. The bouncer that's usually at the door denied me from getting in, falsely accusing me of being intoxicated. Anyhow, he soon figured out who I was from my ID, things have been very tense ever since. I think he got in to a bit of trouble over the incident too.

For all that time though, he layed off for a while and I thought that was the end of it, but last Saturday however, As I was about to enter the building, he called me back and started mocking me in front of his buddy and completely humiliated me in front of the people that were in the line and now I get the feeling he won't let it go.

Now I dread waiting to get in, to face the same guy because I feel he'll keep doing it, until he pushes me too far. Right before you say, well why don't you go somewhere else instead? Well this is one of the only few good places left in the city after a devastating earthquake that occured a few years ago and destroyed most of the city and it's night life.

I'm stuck in a dilemma where I've run out of options and it's all I've been thinking about ever since last Saturday.

Any help or advice?
    Rick,

There would need to be an SA assessment. You need to figure out how much really happened and how much was your reaction. If you truly feel something went wrong, you can make a complaint to the owner of the club. If it was minor, then I would try to work through the nerves. They can only do so much without getting into trouble themselves.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.