Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    She means football matches. Or soccer as you call it. It is a way of life over this side of the World. Even have rival fans fighting with each other. See the sport's section and the topic on Ultras / firms. That is football over this of the world.

Or maybe not. Thought she was talking about match days over here. Crowds of chanting fans. Your life is your club.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    She means football matches. Or soccer as you call it. It is a way of life over this side of the World. Even have rival fans fighting with each other. See the sport's section and the topic on Ultras / firms. That is football over this of the world.

Or maybe not. Thought she was talking about match days over here. Crowds of chanting fans. Your life is your club.
    Don't even start. People are way to obsessed with football here.

It's just a game. There's no need for stabbings over it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some people can go over the top. Just a game to others. To others it is fans against fans too. Can all get a bit stupid.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My unpopular opinion is blink blink blink goes my cursor while I think...
    I don’t enjoy surface conversations anymore. The old me coasted thru life on cocktail party surface convos.
    The new me gets bored and walks away from surface interactions. Very unpopular indeed. Better to never say what you really want to say and better yet, never think these thoughts to begin with.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote JamieWAgain View Post
    My unpopular opinion is blink blink blink goes my cursor while I think...
    I don’t enjoy surface conversations anymore. The old me coasted thru life on cocktail party surface convos.
    The new me gets bored and walks away from surface interactions. Very unpopular indeed. Better to never say what you really want to say and better yet, never think these thoughts to begin with.
    I agree. Some are more interested in/comfortable with conversations that don't at least touch on meaingful stuff. Or maybe we find different things meaningful

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I agree. Some are more interested in/comfortable with conversations that don't at least touch on meaingful stuff. Or maybe we find different things meaningful
    I think today conversation has died. Have seen many a person walking along lost in their phones. Not talking to the person they are walking along with. Or even when waiting for a place to open. Nobody talks to anybody else these days. Buried in their phones. Even if you had a family gathering, I would bet most would have their phones with them. Keep checking them. The art of conversation is a dying thing. Those who may talk keep it simple. Again I see it as the net era of people. Great / sad story from the UK a year or two back. A kid handed in his homework. An essay. It was all done out in text message wording. It was accepted by the teacher and she gave him a high grade for the essay. That is what is happening. G8 meaning great. Ur meaning your. This is all been accepted as the English language these days. What chance for those in the future?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I can barely understand some writing today: "If you mfers be wan talk at me you bein plite wif me unnerstand u bihh bois." - If you'd like to converse with me, be polite you fellows." It saves no time too communicate that way and seems to inviting severe misunderstanding. Swearing for emphasis seems to make sense, but not random potpourri, thanks.

Another pet peeve is the use of the word "gift" (a noun) to indicate "give" (a verb) The past tense "gifted" is two times as syllabic as the Kevin-Accepted verb "gave."

And that's my Old Man Kevin speech of the day.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I feel like the only black person that hates the word "n*gga" it doesn't make you look cool!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I do have to stop and look at some things and wonder what the person is actually meaning to say. I tell people I have learned a new language. Babble. Plus you have all these new words that are been accepted into the dictionary every year. Can we call them cross over words? Shacket is a great example. A cross between a shirt and a jacket. So in other words a heavy shirt. Don't know why they need a new word for it. Heavy shirt does me just fine. Fraped. When a person posts as you as a joke on facebook. Social media rape. You leave your page open at home. A friend sees it and makes a post. We all think it is you. They just keep coming up with these words. Life is changing. Going backwards I might add. If people want to write like cavemen.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I feel like the only black person that hates the word "n*gga" it doesn't make you look cool!
    Can I be perfectly honest here? Way I see it, if these black homies and rappers use it when talking to each other and are fine with it, then they should be fine with it when a white person uses the word just like they use it. Don't like it been used in a bad way. That is racist. But it can come across as these black people saying ' we can use the word, but you can't '.Even if said in a non racist way, because we are not black, we would get into big trouble for using the word. I hope you understand what I am saying here. Bit like whites having a name for white people, that only white people are allowed to use. Anybody else uses it, it is deemed racist.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Can I be perfectly honest here? Way I see it, if these black homies and rappers use it when talking to each other and are fine with it, then they should be fine with it when a white person uses the word just like they use it. Don't like it been used in a bad way. That is racist. But it can come across as these black people saying ' we can use the word, but you can't '.Even if said in a non racist way, because we are not black, we would get into big trouble for using the word. I hope you understand what I am saying here. Bit like whites having a name for white people, that only white people are allowed to use. Anybody else uses it, it is deemed racist.
    I don't think anyone would should use it but people can do whatever they want with their mouths lol it just sounds weird and crazy to turn that word in a positive slang word. They look at me strange and laugh at me for not using it or being black enough.. oh well I guess I am dork.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Not a word I would ever use. I get your point about black people using the word. One hand they say it is an offensive word. On the other hand they go around calling themselves the word. Not a word we have much use for here in Ireland at all.

Mind you, another opinion. Irish people trying to rap. STOP. It just sounds so bloody lame. There is a rap scene here in the country. Most involved are from Dublin. To get my point, you have to understand the Dublin accent. These people are all from working class areas. It is a flat Dublin accent. Common as dish water. These people rapping just doesn't sound right at all. Because of the flat Dublin accent. You Tube some of them. It is just so bad. Word Up.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The 90s was not a better time than now..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    80's were much better. Even the 70's. None of the PC BS we get today. People spent the whole day outside the house playing games. Life seemed so simple.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    80's were much better. Even the 70's. None of the PC BS we get today. People spent the whole day outside the house playing games. Life seemed so simple.
    I was only a baby and a toddler in the 80s so I wouldn't know :-P

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.