Thread: Black Friday

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Black Friday

Let us know how the day went in your country. No major shops opened here. That sorts that one out. As a rule the day is crazy. Hoards of people fighting to grab deals. Not this year. Been viewing a few online shops and there is nothing at all. Odd item here and there. Did order a long sleeved Fred Perry polo shirt. Reduced from 110 down to 45. Other than that most sites had 2 euro off this and 5 euro off that. Not exactly deals. You get better deals at Christmas and the New Year. Curious to hear how the day went in the US. Not sure if shops are opened over there. People normally nearly break the doors down and trample over each other over there to get some items. No. Not talking about looting. LOL. That happens after closing hours. LOL In the UK it can be a bit wild too on black Friday. Again, not sure if any of the big stores are opened or not. Which will piss both consumers and shop owners off alike. As it can be the one day when most money is spent in shops and most deals are gotten too. Let me know how it went in your country.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Black Friday must be a different date in cuchculanland than in America

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Eh, UKs usually quiet, they try to get people excited and fail each year. Online shopping people do. Not really instore so much. Best deals are boxing day here.

Speaking as someone in head office at a well-known retailer - won't name who but we're in UK, Roi, US - theres no way around our sales being hit this year. We're open in the US, but we're limiting how many people are in the store at one time, we have to seperate out people at the tills - all takes a hit. Hope we dont have the trampling this year, have at one or two American stores before. Even just "busy" is a problem. Few of my colleague are worried about that one. Bad from the viewpoint of "how do we protect our instore staff or customers in store".
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is the 27th. My bad. Just some sites have started already. Easy to get confused. Sites begin at the start of November. Talk about dragging it out. But the stores will still be closed here on that date. Lockdown ends in December.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They start earlier and earlier each year.

Yep, next week. Cyber Monday after that. England is shut as well until December. Wales and Scotland are open. Probably won't buy much to be honest.

Wish I was still living in Wales, Welshgov seems to have a better handle on things, and were lot more competent. I mean they're not perfect, and it's a very low bar, but still.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Can you actually believe that a member of our government suggested Christmas be put off for a month. I kid you not. Wanted to have it on January 25th. Had to be the dumbest one yet.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Can you actually believe that a member of our government suggested Christmas be put off for a month. I kid you not. Wanted to have it on January 25th. Had to be the dumbest one yet.
    GOOD

I hate Christmas anyway

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I hate Christmas too. But it falls on the same day every year. Like our birthdays. We can't just start changing the dates of these things. They fall on their own date. Even if you did move it forward to January it would still happen. Only people would have decorations up all December too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They start trying to sell stuff end of October here. We've already got Christmas adverts on the TV here.

Would they give you an extra day off for the 25th of January? Alongside the 25th December. If so, go for it, extra day off work.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All the TV adverts began this week. You know how it is with some companies. They are known for special Christmas ads. Are a few houses fully done up already. Madness. I would love to see their electricty bills. But all Christmas markets are banned this year. They are big over here. Stall owners set up on one street. Not this year.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Stall owners? Stall?????

Wtf I don’t understand Europe. People here just buy everything at Walmart or Costco.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We have street traders still. Christmas you get more of them. Open air market sprouts up. Stalls at what they set up. You buy from them. It can be fun. Get some great deals.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    How does that work?? Do people drive by and pick them up?
    Do they do deals with big stores with large parking lots?
    How do people even get to “street stalls”
    So confused

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    No cars on the streets. Just people. Has been going on for so long now. The Christmas one is more modern. But street traders have always existed. I will see if I can find a video. Good luck understanding the accents. Very common Dublin accent.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.