Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm lost what happened with the ad about Gillette razors? I try to stay away from the news so I don't know whats going on.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I've read a study about the average amount of advertising a US citizen is exposed to- radio, tv, billboards, everything- by the age of 8 and it was somewhere in the millions of hours or some ridiculous amount. We are saturated by ads, get desensitized and numb to them, and it seems the latest thing some companies are trying to do is hitch their wagon to some sort of social justice cause, as Nike did with Colin Kaepernick. All lipservice and completely insincere, as Otherside says.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I certainly can't see any man standing there having a shave, thinking, I must respect women more, because Gillette told me to and I am using their razor. I seriously just laughed at it. Next week there will be something new for people to moan about.

Maybe even a no deal brexit. Let's all panic.
    Yeah, exactly. I doubt anyone had an epiphany. "Yeah, that razor blade commerciel changed my life!" It reminds of that one time I skydove and attempted to land/sit on a rainbow because of a Skittles commercial.

But same. I wasn't offended at all. Sure it made some exaggerated claims and was a bit hyperbolic, but that was orchestrated specifically to get a reaction. They knew what they were doing. The video is almost up to 20 million views! I hadn't even heard the name Gillette in years (I use an electric razor - I only grow a baby mustache that needs shaving every couple of weeks or so lol), but now it's been in my mind for days and I don't even watch live TV.
    @fetisha
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @Otherside I think this whole Brexit thing has gone on far too long. Small case of asking the PM a simple question ' do you want in or out '. If you want out, you know the deal. Because what was offered will never change. Even if you got rid of May and got a new PM in place. The deal would still remain the same. It has to. To let other countries know that if they also leave the EU they will lose out. I think the UK government thought they could up and leave and keep everything they had as an EU member state. It was obvious an example was going to made of them. The EU saying ' you leave on our terms, not yours '. No deal Brexit is looking possible. Which will be good for nobody really. It would stand to effect some other countries. Like Ireland. At the moment May has the best and only deal she will be ever get and it was voted against. I have no idea why. As the government know there will nothing better offered. They might not be happy with it and showed this in how they voted against the deal the other day. But nobody else will get a better deal. Lord knows people are fed up with the whole Brexit thing. Take what is been offered and just go. As what they are been offered is far more than what they will get with a no deal Brexit.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I cannot stand this stuff.

Apparently people like it and think it's an excellent thing to dip pizza crusts in. Why would I want to do that? It's some disgusting concoction that deserves to be put in hell and I have several pots of the stuff just shoved into the box with this one order. Why must you insist on sending it? WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE IT?!!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    ^I didnt know you guys had Papa Johns there. But yeah, I don't like stuff that either.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yup, one of the few things that we have that you guys have.

On the list of things we don't have though that I wish we die though, I wish we had IHOPs. There's none here.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yup, one of the few things that we have that you guys have.

On the list of things we don't have though that I wish we die though, I wish we had IHOPs. There's none here.

I have never eaten there (I haven't eaten at many restaurants here tbh - years of extreme SA will do that to ya). We have a restaurant called Waffle House that I really want to try one of these days.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think Papa John's uses carpet glue in their pizzas. I have a few local places, Fong's Pizza and Zoey's, that I get pizza from every so often, but I'm not gonna feed into Papa John's CEO's delusional belief that his business model of underpaying his employees is somehow ethical. He was also in the news for using racial slurs during a business conference call, and is on the record as being super critical of Colin Kaepernick's efforts to raise awareness about police brutality toward African Americans. Who knows, maybe he'll be in Trump's cabinet soon. Wouldn't surprise me. Also, great to know Trump spent a total of about two minutes at the MLK Jr. monument in DC today. I'm so tired of winning, as Trump promised his supporters during his campaign. Oh wait, we've been losing pretty much every day since he got in office.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The word ' Yank '. Stick with me on this one. I have a friend I have known all my net life. Lives in the US. Now, she doesn't see how her using the word ' Paddy ' when talking about Irish people in no different from me using the word ' Yank ' when talking about Americans. It is OK for her to use ' Paddy ' but not OK for me to use ' Yank '. She goes crazy when I use the word. Says she is offended. As for the word ' Paddy '? We laugh at it. But just as she is offended by the word ' Yank ', you might get a few snowflakes offended by the word ' Paddy '. Or even the word ' Mick '. I know people like to use both words for Irish people. Again I am never offended. Is only a word. Most Irish people would not be offended. But her using one of the two words, she fails to see is exactly like me using the word ' Yank .

For the record I assumed the Yankee army was one side of the civil war you had in the US? Somebody please tell me if I am wrong. Plus you do have a stadium that uses the same name and a sport's team. Why is she getting offended so easily? Other than she is a snowflake. Maybe an American can tell me if the word does offend people from the US and why? I might be missing something that she sees.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We are the walking dead

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    People should be arrested if they post videos that show a person dying. Crash on a major motorway here yesterday. Some idiot got his phone out and videoed it and posted it on social media. it was shared thousands of times. Girl in a car dying in a horrible way. Even her family saw this video. How sad is that? Some relatives and friends watched it and saw who it was. Not having heard about her death until the video was seen by them. It is just sick. End of story.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    People should be arrested if they post videos that show a person dying. Crash on a major motorway here yesterday. Some idiot got his phone out and videoed it and posted it on social media. it was shared thousands of times. Girl in a car dying in a horrible way. Even her family saw this video. How sad is that? Some relatives and friends watched it and saw who it was. Not having heard about her death until the video was seen by them. It is just sick. End of story.
    This should have been done a long time ago since youtube has been on the internet for 13 years. I'm always worried about someone video taping me and others making fun of people and embarrassing them. So many people killed themselves over this its crazy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    This should have been done a long time ago since youtube has been on the internet for 13 years. I'm always worried about someone video taping me and others making fun of people and embarrassing them. So many people killed themselves over this its crazy.
    Liveleaks is a much worse web site. They only want to post the most horrible videos they can find. If that means a person dying, no matter how they die, they will post the video. You tube is a bit more regulated. Certain videos they would not allow on their site. Can all come down to where the site is hosted. The bad sites nearly always are hosted either in Russia or some African country. So they escape the laws that you tube would have to follow. Ever want to watch horror crashes or people getting splattered by a car, liveleaks is the site for it. No idea what people see in the site. Must be all sick feckers to want to spend their nights watching such videos.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Screw anti sjw, red pill mgtow men, conservatives, trump supporters,baby boomers ,christians and other dumb religions. Idc if I hurt your feelings come at me! Call me every name in the book!

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.