Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ConstellationStudies I agree totally. Except I'm concerned about your pizza-corn predilection and that according to your profile photo you are an unhappy-looking cat. Prove me wrong.

Fetisha I agree totally too. Sometimes the past behavior of certain individuals makes me say things to myself that aren't true, like my last girlfriend did this or that horrible thing to me so I hate all people now and never want to have another girlfriend. I don't think it's true of any type of relationship that one type is better than another for guaranteeing we won't be hurt again in the future, the important thing is our behavior in that relationship and the other person's behavior. Prove me wrong.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't like poly-sort-of-people.

They make me uncomfortable.

I also don't like anyone that likes anything but pepperoni on their pizza. Thanks.

Please stay away.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If I said anything to insult anyone I apologize. I try to understand where people are coming from when I disagree with them, and acknowledge that can be interpreted as insulting. Not my intention though, I hope people who come here to AS do so with the same good intentions.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You dont ever come across as insulting, Kevin. Direct and inquisiitive yes but not insulting. I like reading this thread because debate is healthy and learning to listen and ‘hear’ others is important. I tend to be a people pleaser so having to state my opinion and not back down, yet listen to everyone’s viewpoint is a skill I need at work, so again, its a great thread for me to read.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks. I appreciate your saying that, Jamie. It can be a bit difficult when I or someone else might think somebody is talking about one thing, when from their perspective, it might be something different. Like the whole Confederate flag discussion, I appreciate your stating your disagreement and why you disagreed, and I did my best to respect that and respond appropriately. I think I said it in that thread too, some people use word definitions to try to end arguments. I think operational definitions are more useful for beginning discussion. And this thread might be my favorite on this forum.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The sun is out and so is the flab. I suppose you can't have it both ways. Happy just to see the sun.

You are not insulting, Kev. Think the thread stopped with the ticking off for some posts. So come on, what is unpopular today in your world?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ok, I’ll take on an unpopular opinion topic:
    Media Bias

Shame on any ‘journalist’ or ‘reporter’ in this day and age.
    It used to be that we weren’t supposed to know the reporter or journalists preference regarding any topic, let alone politicical preferences.

Now, the media is SO BIASED that I don’t think they are capable of bringing us just the facts. Just the facts so we might develeop our own opinions.

I’m talking about both sides of the aisle regarding media bias too.
    I have strong political beliefs, yet sometimes I wonder if my beliefs have been diluted because of media bias. I try reading, watching all news outlets but no one is impartial.

That is wrong wrong wrong. Please report the facts, not your opinions.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Jamie, I remember a US TV station broadcasting what they claimed was an attack on Israel by Palestine. They had images of a town. Clear an attack had taken place. The problem? The town was not in Israel. It was in Palestine. Israel had attacked it. Once this was brought to their attention they cut the report, which had been running for ages. We didn't hear another word about the attack. Their goal was obvious. Support Israel. Make Palestine look bad. They botched up big time. Shows how the media can and do take sides.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The best the media can do to be unbiased as much as they can is to be aware of their biases and go from there. It seems when media makes any claim to the contrary, whether Fox or CNN or MSNBC, what they're doing is producing either entertainment or propaganda

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    During the early months of the gulf war, a news reporter from Sky News, in the UK, was making headlines with his amazing close calls and escapes in these battles with the local tribes and the likes. He reported many such stories. No idea how it happened. But somebody began to check his accounts out. He was making it all up. He knew he need a story. Sky News did sack him. It shows what some people would do. Plus the fact that Sky News were not checking his stories out. They would put him on air and let him give his brave accounts. Because it was what people love to hear. I know he was not the only person filing fake news stories during the gulf war. It was happening more than people know. I think there was not enough happening for any real news stories. The Iraqi army all but gave up on day 1. You need news. Why not make it up.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Embedded journalism is a good way to give journalists a way to report on things as they happen in some cases. I think it was Geraldo Riviera who was an embedded journalist during the same war with US military. He was trying to explain troop positions as he understood them live on the air, and he bent over and started drawing in the sand at his feet saying so and so was here and he'd draw a line or dot. Basically he was giving US military positions and tactics away to the enemy doing that, and they pulled him. It reminds me of Hunter S. Thompson and his 'gonzo journalism' which was basically about making himself a central player in the stories he would write. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was originally supposed to be a 400 word caption for a photo covering a dune buggy race there, and he turned it into something else entirely. That's not journalism to me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Bit like saying to enemy ' we are over here, moving South '. Let me draw you a map. I only remember his chat show. Watched it once or twice.

The chap from Sky News once had the locals in on his little act. He had them making loads of noise and he tried to talk over them. We used to watch this live. We get most of the UK TV stations here. He would be acting like there was fighting close by. He was pinned down. Ducking for cover. Fact was there was nothing happening at all. I will give him credit for the lengths he went to. Hiring locals. Cost him his job.

I know you are not a torrent downloader. But who do you blame. The downloader or the people who put the things on the net to be downloaded? Bit like filling a room with sweets and just going off. Leaving a few hundred kids behind. Would you expect them not to touch your sweets? My way of looking at it. If it was not there, I would not be able to take it. But what gets me is my net provider policing the net. Who made them the law? They have most torrent sites blocked. I don't think it is up to them. We can still get on them. Few old time tricks you pick up when you have been on the net a long time. Still don't think they have a right to police the net. They give me my phone and my net. That don't make them part of the law.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am indeed a unhappy cat, but to be fair youre a pusheen cat who also looks unhappy.
    Opinion: I think both pepsi and coca cola are gross, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I used to be a mountain dew fiend. I'm weaning off it. I substitute water when I'm thirsty. I've read even sparkling water can be bad for you, who knows. One day they say something like coffee is slowly killing you, the next it's the latest Alzheimer's panacea.

Cuchman your roomful of candy analogy makes me think of you as some sort of Willy Wonka. My question for you is whether you prefer Gene Wilder Willy Wonka or Johnny Depp Willy Wonka. I prefer Gene Wilder's portrayal. Unpopular opinion.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Gene Wilder for me.
    Another unpopular topic;
    Do you care if our President ( for example) has had extramarital affairs in the past? Personally, i dont care what he does in the bedroom as long as he does what we elected him to do.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.