Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I agree about the Rolling Stones. I disagree with anyone who says The Beatles are any different than any other musical artist. From what I understand, they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show when they were nothing more than a boy band.
    So are we saying that Lennon and McCartney were not good song writers? Hate the Beatles. Their music is annoying. But most boy bands don't write their own songs. I know they did a few covers in those early years. But they went on to write loads of their own songs. That is one skill I would give them.

But the first ever band to be honest about the music industry was the Sex Pistols. In their own words they were in it for the cash. They had a great manager in Malcolm McLaren. He would see what was popular in the day and come out with some amazing songs of that style. The greatest rock and Roll swindle. He saw gaps in the market and he would fill them. With the Pistols he knew the public were angry and wanted to vent. You had the Queen celebrating her Jubilee. They came out with God save the Queen. taken the piss out of the queen and the establishment. Mind you it was banned from every radio station and TV station. It was simply all about timing. Malcolm McLaren was an expert in timing. Bloody genius. He even had a solo career. Just to show that anybody could do it if the timing was right.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well I guess this makes my opinion unpopular lmao. John Lennon was a fucking musical genius. He was a legend. Every December 8th I remember him on the anniversary of his death. I remember exactly where I was when he was shot. I remember family members I was with and their reactions.

Fwiw, I had a buddy once who used to sell or trash his CDs (back when people had CDs) every once in a while. He'd "update" his music collection, and I never did understand why. If I really love an artist or a band, I hang onto their music forever. I still listen to Muddy Waters, Janis Joplin, The Who, The Yardbirds, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, SRV and so many more bands who had hits before some of the people on this site were even born lol.

It amazes me how some seem to have no idea how artists today were influenced by some of the bands I mentioned. Some people seem to be totally and completely clueless about how today's bands grew out of yesterdays bands. *shrug* Music sort of evolves, it grows and changes and I think most artists would tell you in a heartbeat that the Beatles and the Rolling Stones were huge, huge influences.

This may be unpopular....but with a few exceptions music today is just trash. It's over-produced, auto tuned garbage marketed to sell to people who are too young and naive to even know what the real thing is anymore. And they buy it up as fast as they can lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Cuch, I know it was Lennon or McCartney who said he didn't know why people thought The Beatles weren't materialistic, he said they would sit down to write songs hoping it would generate enough revenue for them to buy things like swimming pools.

Most of the music on the radio is played so much it gets annoying. Seems like most radio stations play the same ten or fifteen songs over and over again, and it makes me not like that music.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I love honest people. If you are in it for the money, and you say that, then good luck to you. Make what you can, when you can. The ego on some of them. Thinking they were the biggest things that ever existed. Even bigger than Jesus. Though I think that line kind of backfired on Lennon. Some things people don't want to hear coming from your mouth.

Music scene is all different today. Place your new album on one of those music sites. Person likes only 4 songs out 12, they will buy the 4 songs. One singer who refused to go down that road was Adele. As much as her whining voice drives me mad. She simply told them her album would be released in record shops only. On a certain date. She was told she was making a big mistake. She didn't care. That album went to number 1 in the UK and the US on the first day. I admire her for not wanting to do things the new way. To show them it can still work without the music sites. Christ her songs all sound the same. But people must want them. Other go down the net road. Which I think it stupid. You make an album. Record those 12 songs. And people can select what songs they want. Ignore the rest.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I agree Cuch. I like Adele's music too, and the few songs of hers I don't like are overplayed. I don't particularly dislike any artist, even those who are in it for the money, as long as they are honest about it. Country music might be the only exception. Taylor Swift started out in that genre, but you'd never know it from the stuff she makes that gets regurgitated on the radio today. Some people think Johnny Cash is country. I wouldn't put him in any genre, he covers everything from NIN ("Hurt") to a poem by Shel Silverstein ("A Boy Named Sue") and more. I think he did what a lot of white musical artists did when he first started out, which was to take music originally produced by minority artists and cover it in his own style. A lot of people claimed to not like Jazz etc., but when white artists began performing it, it became more palatable to white audiences of the time. Another way to say this is he made some music more accessible to his audience. He is still overplayed. Maybe even country music is alright, as some pop music is, as long as it's somewhat original and not just a way to make money for someone.

Lastly. The word "literally" literally means the opposite of what it was originally intended to mean. Example would be sports, where they use a lot of weird jargon that feels awkward to me. A sportscaster might say something like "The quarterback literally flew into the touchdown zone." The sportscaster might mean the qb ran very quickly to the touchdown zone, not that he literally sprouted wings and carried the ball there and landed. The word has literally become meaningless, in a way.

literally.jpg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    9/11 didn't effect me too much

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It didn't affect me directly very much either. The fallout from people realizing that the US can be vulnerable to massive terrorist attacks indirectly affects all of us as US citizens I think. We've gotten a lot more comfortable with Big Brother in my opinion, to the point our federal government has placed sanctions on a Chinese company that makes products known for surveillance technologies yet our president has vowed to save that same company from the intended effects of those sanctions. ZTE phones are made in China, and they suck, but they're provided for very little cost to Medicaid recipients. I have one.

On an unrelated note: an actual physical wall built on our southern border is at best an extremely costly symbolic gesture. It will do little to deter people determined to get here for whatever reason. People say if you outlaw such and such a weapon, only criminals will have that weapon. If that's true, why do many people support the building of a physical wall on our southern border? It only further criminalizes immigrants. Then some might counter if people want to be here they should do what they think every immigrant has to do and migrate legally and go through the naturalization process we require. People fleeing from violence from conflicts the US has created do not have the time nor money to do that. People seeking better lives in the US because we have used sinister methods to topple their democratically formed governments don't have the time nor the money to go through that. The majority of people living in the US couldn't afford to go through the process it takes for someone born in another country to live here legally.

I live in Podunk, Iowa. There are people I know living here from who came from Rwanda, from Mexico, from Central America, from the Middle East, from the former Soviet Union, from Southeast Asia, from Europe. My father's family came here from Scotland to find a better place to live as farmers, went to Canada, and came south to Iowa. My great grandmother came over so she could continue to be a nanny for an Irish family from Belfast and was lucky enough to start a family of her own here. And it's beautiful! Our strength lies not in attempting to keep these "others" out of our country to somehow preserve our union. Our strength comes from welcoming the stranger to our strange land. The only problems occur when we start to fear "the other."

This is my unpopular opinion.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    9/11 just had a wider impact on the World that is still been felt today. That was the start of the so called ' war on terror '. Europe is far easier to target for these people, since 9/11. So Europe gets hit a lot. The effects of it are still going on today.

Now. Your idiot President again. With his taxing goods coming from and been sold to the EU countries. As well as Canada and Mexico. He has started a trade war. The EU simply done the same move on American companies buying from EU countries. Is there going to be a winner here? Countries will start buying elsewhere and selling their goods elsewhere. Trump wants Americans to buy American made goods. He is not giving them a choice. Like Cars. You want one made in the EU, you have to pay extra tax for your new car. Good luck with that one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I still love and always loved the state of florida, its so beautiful there and I haven't had any problems there. I know its not a perfect state and crazy stuff goes on there but it also happens in Georgia and other places on this planet and I am sick aruging with florida residents and other people that are not even from that state! I think they are just tired of living there cause they have been there so long just like I am tired of where I am living.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't think your opinion is unpopular about Florida, Fetisha. Good and bad things seem to happen everywhere.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't think your opinion is unpopular about Florida, Fetisha. Good and bad things seem to happen everywhere.
    I thought it was since almost every person i talk to when I was in florida hated the state or adores the city of atlanta more. I guess I need to live there long enough to know. I used to visit there more almost every summer int he 90s and a few times recently.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well, if you believe US News and World Report, Iowa is the best state to live in. Don't listen to people who actually live here and tell you things like it's ranked dead last in terms of mental health care, or has the most restrictive laws regarding abortion, take US News and World Report's word for it, or maybe our idiot acting governor.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Well, if you believe US News and World Report, Iowa is the best state to live in. Don't listen to people who actually live here and tell you things like it's ranked dead last in terms of mental health care, or has the most restrictive laws regarding abortion, take US News and World Report's word for it, or maybe our idiot acting governor.
    I don't really watch any those news. I went there on my own to see it for myself (which was common sense). I haven't experienced anything crazy when I was there. I just love beaches, palm trees and other things about the state there so much and I think how pretty it was there may have distracted me >_<. Like I said I know crime is big there and I could witness or experience it but I witness seeing fights and crazy stuff happen in atlanta. Atlanta is pretty and nice too but I like florida more.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm just saying, if you think Florida is nice, you need to come to Iowa and see it in person, too. Iowa #1!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Florida has its nice parts. Have a good friend there. She spends her weekend evenings on the beach. They light a fire and settle down in a group of about 30. Looks like a great life. But hidden elsewhere in Florida is the projects. Cheap housing. Crime. So much so that they made a movie about it last year. These projects hidden away in this beautiful area. That is life for you. Most parts of Florida we all see are the costly houses. All look beautiful. They never show us the other side they don't want us to see. They try and hide it away.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.