Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    I bought my oldest daughter a 12 pack of Monster for her 14th birthday (it was a gag gift). It's a caffeinated drink they sell here that's also loaded with sugar lol. She really likes Monster, but she doesn't abuse it....she has anxiety disorders, and too much caffeine can trigger her, just like it does me. She'll drink a can of it maybe once throughout the day but not every day. Sometimes she'll go weeks without caffeine, it depends on how she's feeling.

I think (in my unpopular opinion, I guess) you can take things to extremes, so much so that it becomes beyond ridulous. I mean, my youngest daughter bounces off the fucking walls when she eats sugar. She becomes reeeeally hyper. She runs at least several miles a day for ROTC at her high school, so she's in really good shape so no worries about that. But should we outlaw sugar because it makes kids hyperactive and it's not good for them lol? How about chocolate? Chocolate contains sugar and caffeine, should we restrict minors from buying that? This is what I mean when I say it can get ridiculous when taken to extremes. There's nothing imo wrong with high school students who drink a Monster or a cup of coffee when they're cramming for exams, for example. God knows there are much, muuuuuch worse things they could be doing.

ETA: I don't mind being called an idiot for having given my 14 year old caffeinated drinks, especially if that opinion comes from someone who doesn't have kids. Opinions about parenting from someone who is not a parent is kind of worthless to me anyway lol. Give me advice after you've had three kids. Give me advice after you've had three teenagers, then we can talk.
    If you have daughters who have problems when they consume drinks containing caffeine, why are you giving them caffeinated beverages on their birthdays? My unpopular opinion is that people shouldn't provide their children with something they claim their children can't handle.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    If you have daughters who have problems when they consume drinks containing caffeine, why are you giving them caffeinated beverages on their birthdays? My unpopular opinion is that people shouldn't provide their children with something they claim their children can't handle.
    Oh I couldn't agree more. My oldest daughter is almost 18 years old. As I said before she knows what her anxiety will allow wrt caffeine, she knows when to stay away from it, when it will trigger her, and when she's OK to have it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, how many children have you raised Kevin? How many teenagers?

I'm asking cos I wonder how many real world situations you've been in with a teenage daughter with an anxiety disorder. Not just speculation, or "I think this" or "I think that". But real world situations lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Oh I couldn't agree more. My oldest daughter is almost 18 years old. As I said before she knows what her anxiety will allow wrt caffeine, she knows when to stay away from it, when it will trigger her, and when she's OK to have it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, how many children have you raised Kevin? How many teenagers?

I'm asking cos I wonder how many real world situations you've been in with a teenage daughter with an anxiety disorder. Not just speculation, or "I think this" or "I think that". But real world situations lol.
    Out of curiosity, I have raised zero children so far. I have raised zero teenagers. What real world situations have you been in that you feel justify buying your daughter a substance you know is dangerous for her?

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    Out of curiosity, I have raised zero children so far. I have raised zero teenagers. What real world situations have you been in that you feel justify buying your daughter a substance you know is dangerous for her?
    Lol Kevin your funny. I can't even take your post seriously. You give out unsolicited advice very freely, on a subject you have very, very little if any experience with.

I don't have to justify myself to you, and I for sure don't have to justify how I raise my kids, to you, someone who has raised zero kids.

Nice try Kevin. I'm not taking the bait though. You can continue to try to flame. Try it with someone else who you might have more success with my friend
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Lol Kevin your funny. I can't even take your post seriously. You give out unsolicited advice very freely, on a subject you have very, very little if any experience with.

I don't have to justify myself to you, and I for sure don't have to justify how I raise my kids, to you, someone who has raised zero kids.

Nice try Kevin. I'm not taking the bait though. You can continue to try to flame. Try it with someone else who you might have more success with my friend
    You certainly don't have to take my post seriously. I am concerned when someone tells me they are giving their child a substance they know to cause their child problems. I might have raised zero kids, but I know better than to give someone something when they've told me it negatively affects them. You're telling me you do that because you know better than I do. My unpopular opinion is that that isn't okay, yet you insist it is. What have you experienced that others have not that allows you to do that?

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    *sigh*

Goodnight, Kevin.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    *sigh*

Goodnight, Kevin.
    Sigh, goodnight InvisibleGuy. I keep trying to understand where you are coming from, and you keep dismissing my efforts.

Staff Edited — Debate the topic not the poster.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I have raised zero kids either. But I know right from wrong. Things have an age limit on them for a reason. I do mind kids. But I would never have a stash of Red Bull on hand to give them the second their parent's are out the door. Much the same as I wouldn't hand them a smoke and say ' here, try this, you might like it '. Why not go the whole hog and crack open a few cans of beer. I am sure it might make the kids think ' what a cool parent we have '. That doesn't mean it is right. That says to me the parents have no other way of keeping their kids happy. So they give them what they are not meant to give them. Hence I used the word ' Idiots '. Bad enough an adult drinking these drinks. Loads of cases of heart attacks and other similar issues. A kid's body would not be fully grown. So there would be more of a risk of something going wrong. Parents don't seem to mind at all. They still take the risks. They will continue to do so too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Big Bang Theory is not very good at all.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Good one

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote TwerkinForTalos View Post
    Big Bang Theory is not very good at all.
    I agree, sheldon gets on my nerves

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    Iq's aren't real and I wish people would stop bragging about how their iqs are
    Oh yeah I hate when people bring it up in arguments. Am I supposed to be impressed? Concede and just adhere to your obviously vastly superior intelligence and let you win? Kay, bud.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Lazy people. Is Saturday. Bin day was yesterday. Is it so hard to take your bin in after it is collected? These are people who leave the empty bins out for days before taken them in. They will pass by the bin going in and out of their garden. But still not take the bin in.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It sucks that our self worth is based on having a job or a spouse.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.