Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What annoys me is sites were people buy things. Is the reviewing of the items. They tell you how amazing the item. Perfect in every way. Then they give it 2 out of 5 stars? Why is that a problem? Others looking through items will see a bad rating before they even click on these items. Most people won't bother clicking into the items with the bad ratings. Simply can't see why they didn't give the items 5 out 5 stars if they considered it to be the perfect item. Then the site would have more of a fair balance to it. Instead we are seen items we are just assuming are bad because of the lack of stars. Ignoring them. Just happened to read a few reviews earlier on things I bought and had liked and rated 5 star items. Just to see why others docked stars off. I saw only great reviews. Hence the confusion. Taking stars away for no reason at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    If you have an entire trolley full of shopping, don't use the quick-serve bay. Go to an actual checkout.

There is a reason that queue is short and it's because those of us who have 10 items or less are going through quickly because we have so few items. We want to get in the shop, grab what we need, contactless, and leave. Not wait for you to scan all five hundred grocery items, chip and pin (or even worse, refuse to use a card and faff around with notes), pack every singe item in all twenty bags, and then reload it into your trolley.

Ugh!
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @Otherside in a shop I go to often enough they have like a lane, with bars like a walkway. A trolley wouldn't fit down it. Which was the whole idea. You have a trolley, piss off to the queues with all the other trolleys. You are not going to squeeze one anywhere near the self service checkouts. That is why I love this one shop. In and out in no time at all. The way it was designed to be. Self service for trolleys could be placed elsewhere in the shop if they thought it a good idea. Obviously they don't think it a good idea in this shop. Hence the walkway is too small for a trolley. But bless them, they do still try and squeeze through. A few of them who are a bit dumb to see the trolley is wider than the walkway. Even seen one turn it sideways to see would it fit that way. How dumb is that? They even have a nice tight turn in the walkway. Should anybody manage, somehow, to make it so far, they would still get stuck.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They need to do that at my shop.

On the rare occasion that I buy enough for a trolley I go to a lane and wait. But it's irritating when in trying to buy a sandwich in my lunch hour, and I'm contending with people do family sized supermarket shops taking fifteen minutes to scan everything through.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They were meant to be bringing in a scan as you shop thing. Then you reach the top and scan the handheld scanner. I can why it might have failed. How do they know you are scanning all your items? It was been tested in a few shops.

Over here people can be nice. I have 2 items and they have 20. They always ask if you want to go ahead of them if there are no self service checkouts in that shop. I have yet to have anybody make me wait as they rushed ahead of me with a trolley full. Something we do if we have a lot of items and see the person next to us with little or nothing.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    They were meant to be bringing in a scan as you shop thing. Then you reach the top and scan the handheld scanner. I can why it might have failed. How do they know you are scanning all your items? It was been tested in a few shops.

Over here people can be nice. I have 2 items and they have 20. They always ask if you want to go ahead of them if there are no self service checkouts in that shop. I have yet to have anybody make me wait as they rushed ahead of me with a trolley full. Something we do if we have a lot of items and see the person next to us with little or nothing.
    Ah we have those here in some stores. Never used one, but know people who do. Not sure how they ensure you've scanned everything.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I stand to be corrected on this one. But I assume you scanned your own items. Then brought them up to a checkout. There would be a cashier there. They would scan your scanner. Count the items as they are removed from your trolley. I still see room for deception though. If you scanned something cheap and simply replaced it on the shelf and took a dearer item. Knew they were testing it out. Never came in over here. They don't trust us enough.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Liveleaks is a much worse web site. They only want to post the most horrible videos they can find. If that means a person dying, no matter how they die, they will post the video. You tube is a bit more regulated. Certain videos they would not allow on their site. Can all come down to where the site is hosted. The bad sites nearly always are hosted either in Russia or some African country. So they escape the laws that you tube would have to follow. Ever want to watch horror crashes or people getting splattered by a car, liveleaks is the site for it. No idea what people see in the site. Must be all sick feckers to want to spend their nights watching such videos.
    There is actually a subreddit called r/watchpeopledie. I think this ties into my post about how socially the internet is more bad than good. There are literally people socialiazing about people dying, like it's normal and no big deal. Imagine if people did that in real life? Those types usually try to justify it by claiming that it's a part of reality that we should know about, etc. I personally don't think that is the case and that we shouldn't be desensitized to that sort of thing. I seriously don't understand what is wrong with some people.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Liveleaks is a much worse web site. They only want to post the most horrible videos they can find. If that means a person dying, no matter how they die, they will post the video. You tube is a bit more regulated. Certain videos they would not allow on their site. Can all come down to where the site is hosted. The bad sites nearly always are hosted either in Russia or some African country. So they escape the laws that you tube would have to follow. Ever want to watch horror crashes or people getting splattered by a car, liveleaks is the site for it. No idea what people see in the site. Must be all sick feckers to want to spend their nights watching such videos.
    Oh yeah and the deep web is a million times worse. I heard about it on YouTube.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    This al takes me back to the old Japanese web sites. Sites that consisted of like minded people. How so? They all wanted to kill themselves. Over a period of about 5 years police were finding cars in the middle of nowhere. Each car would have about 4 dead bodies in it. You would imagine this would be an easy one for the police to solve. The thing was, they were all strangers to each other. None of them knew each other. That is were the sites came into play. These were total strangers who posted messages on these sites. Looking for others who wanted to die too. It wasn't until the police heard about the sites that they could make a connection between the victims. All the sites were closed down. Though I am sure people found other ways of getting around this.

We also have the famous Japanese suicide forest. There are videos on you tube that explain in more detail about this forest. Plus it was used in a film too. At the first tree in the forest people would tie a piece of string. Simple really. Follow the piece of string deep into the forest. Chances are you will find a dead body at the end of the string. Probably hanging from a tree. I know one you tube blogger got into major trouble for entering the forest and following a piece of string and broadcasting live as a body hung from a nearby tree. He thought it would make him popular. People simply thought he was a sick f*cker. He lost a lot of followers as a result of his stunt. But is there such thing as bad publicity? He made the news in a lot of countries.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Robots kind of creep me out. Too bad humans value them more than humans.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Since it's super bowl weekend and all: I don't see the appeal of sports fandom. Unless you're betting or something, I don't get why people get so emotionally invested. There will literally be people crying/sad if their team loses today. I mean, if you're a part of the team I can see it, but if you're just a viewer, I think you need to reevaluate your life that a game affects you that much.

Also, on that note. Liquor/alcohol isn't allowed to be sold on Sundays here. That is just stupid. I wonder if that extends to bars, etc.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I pretty much see Super Bowl every weekend, but Brit and all, I don't think I've ever understood Super Bowl. Other than the fact you guys get a bit excited about it.

What is it, and why do you guys get excited about it?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I pretty much see Super Bowl every weekend, but Brit and all, I don't think I've ever understood Super Bowl. Other than the fact you guys get a bit excited about it.

What is it, and why do you guys get excited about it?
    You see it every weekend? How so?

It's basically just the NFL Championship game. The two best teams of the season face off. It's one of the most viewed televised "events" (I think lol) of the year. People make a big deal about the commercials (as the ratings are so high, commercial slots are expensive and advertisers go all out) and half-time show (I think it's supposed to be Maroon 5 or something?). Anyway, it's usually an extravagent perfomance. People here eat it up. People will get together, party, eat, etc. I think it would be like the football equivalent of the world cup (yeah, I realize you guys call soccer football, but yeah lol).

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Weekend? Oh lol, I meant every year haha. Whoops, typo there.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.