Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Connecting to your therapist?

In order for therapy to work (at least for me); I need a strong connection to my therapist, and feel like she understands me, wants to help me... I wouldn't feel belittled and judged for what I'm telling her. For me.. therapy is very vulnerable and I don't open up/ trust to someone easily. However, I'm finding it hard to connect with a therapist and have that comfort to talk talking about whats going wrong in life. I want to get to know them a few sessions and chat... first.. before being willing to open up. For those that are in therapy-- how long did it take you to open up to them? How much is the need for the connection there? Or do you just need someone to talk to without that build up?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I have never truly connected with one, the one I currently have I feel myself easing a bit more. This is the first time I have really opened up, it feels so vulnerable but due to the nature of what we are talking about I feel she gets it.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm actually the opposite. I find it easier to talk to a complete stranger who's never met me in a professional environment with all the rules regarding privacy and patient confidentiality in place than I do with someone a friend or someone I have gotten to know. It's strange.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have just had my 3rd visit to counselling. I feel that I have been pretty open about the struggles i have because of social anxiety, but still struggle to share about my emotions and how upset and lonely I feel, probably because I have never told anyone before and feel very vulnerable. My counselor has also struggled from anxiety so i feel she understands and not judging me. I do leave the sessions feeling good though.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.