Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lost my job, feeling hopeless

So today I lost my job at a body shop where I have been working for only four days. The reason is that I sanded to deep on a plastic bumper that ended up costing a decent amount of money. I was feeling very optimistic when I started. I had a "skip in my step" and money in my pocket. But it wasn't meant to be, now I'm left to wander where I'm going to get the money now?

Before this job I was out of work for three weeks having to bum money off my parents. I absolutely hate taking money I didn't earn. It makes me feel like less of a man and a failure. My life is so up in the air right now. I can't help but feel hopeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm also from anxietyzone.com .... If you would like to know my anxiety zone username.... PM me.

OCD driving me crazy everyday

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote stuck1nhead View Post
    Before this job I was out of work for three weeks having to bum money off my parents. I absolutely hate taking money I didn't earn. It makes me feel like less of a man and a failure. My life is so up in the air right now. I can't help but feel hopeless.
    3 weeks isn't a long time to be jobless. Sounds like you're doing the best you can.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    sorry ya lost yer job...
    There's also nothing wrong with needing help in any sort of way; we truly got nothing to prove in this world despite societys expectations, which are often quite unreasonable anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the support. I'm aware that society expectations are unreasonable and very unfair. So even though I know this the fact that I have no job makes me feel useless

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    @stuck1nhead How has the job search been going?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    @stuck1nhead How has the job search been going?
    I actually have a interview at a "no-kill" animal shelter next Tuesday. The position is for a animal care technician

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote stuck1nhead View Post
    I actually have a interview at a "no-kill" animal shelter next Tuesday. The position is for a animal care technician

That's exciting!! Good luck with the interview!

(⌒-⌒)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    That's exciting!! Good luck with the interview!

(⌒-⌒)
    Thanks for positive vibes

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ Good luck with the interview, hope it goes well. I didn't work for over an entire year after a loved one passed away a few years ago. Because of how it happened I actually wasn't even capable of taking care of myself (I had, and still have, a lot of PTSD and depression and other issues). At 42 years old I had to move back into my parents' house, and ultimately I ended up in several psychiatric hospitals. It's OK to need help, and accept help, imo. There's no shame in that game. My parents helped me get back on my feet.

If your other job was not meant to be....it's just not meant to be....I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I had my interview and it was a total bust. I get their at my schedule time and the fella kept me waiting for 15 minutes. Once I was finally seen all he did was tell me about the job and asked if I was interested. I told him "yes", why would I be there if I wasn't I thought to myself. Then he asked if I had any questions. I did and he answered them. Finally he said we have a lot of other interviews today and ended the interview. Didn't ask me about my experience, work ethic, volunteer work etc... So I wouldn't call it a interview

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw, I'm sorry. Try not to let it get you down too much. If you got a job before, you can make it happen again. Facts. You never know what may happen in the future. Things can turn in your favor at any moment. Just keep on doing what you can.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmmm....they sound disorganized. Or maybe they just need a warm body and experience/skills doesn't matter?

I have been to interviews where it seemed like they hadn't even looked at my resume beforehand. When I first graduated, I went to one and they were like "tell us about your experience?" I had no experience in my field clearly. After I said I had none they seemed to try to wrap up the interview rather quickly. Wasn't really sure why they invited me for the interview in the first place

Right now I'm getting tons of telephone interviews. Today I really rehearsed and prepared for one way more than usual but for whatever reason I did worse than usual. I was stuttering, rambling, interrupting the HR lady. Just a total mess.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wouldn't get discouraged about it. I've been to interviews that didn't go well. I went to one years ago where I learned later, that they had already picked someone for the job, promoted from within, they just had to interview so many applicants to make the whole thing "fair". Don't let it get you down, don't give up.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the support, it definitely crossed my mind that they probably had someone choosen. I also noticed that there were no men working at the shelter either. So that may of had something to do with it.

Oh, after my interview I walked out to my truck and some lady blocked me in so I couldn't leave. I have never come so close to do raging out. I was literally holding a wrench in my hand, staring at the parked car, and weighing the outcomes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.