Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How to respond if someone says you look tired?

Especially if you're not tired at all. Someone said this to me today and it was slightly hurtful, because I slept almost 9 hours last night, felt very well rested and when I looked in the mirror this morning, I thought I looked quite fresh. So when someone said this to me I was taken aback, said 'oh really?' and just kind of looked puzzled, followed by an awkward silence. The girl was expecting me to explain why I look so tired, but I couldn't because I wasn't, and I didn't feel like inventing some lie. I know she was trying to be nice and concerned but it was unintentionally impolite and kind of threw me. Honestly, I think it might be because she saw me in fluorescent lighting and that lighting is extremely unflattering for me, but it's too weird and complicated to explain. Wondering what other people say / would say if this happened to you?

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If someone asked me such, and I wasn't, id just say Naw, Im not tired n move on from it, no biggie.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Maybe she was tired. I don't know, I personally wouldn't think to much of it. If it bothers you again Maybe asked what makes you come across as tired.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't like hearing that. Some people just have bad under-eye circles all the time.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think it depends on context oc, but....I think I understand how that might be kind of hurtful. It could be like taking a shot at someone without being obviously rude, but....like I said it depends on tone of voice, body language, context.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.