Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wish others would understand

I have had severe social anxiety for most of my life. Even though I feel it has gotten slightly better, it is still really hard to get through everyday life.

I have started seeing a counselor and am trying to get better. But even though I know how hard I am trying and feeling good about myself for trying, other people don't see it and still make comments about how quiet I am.

I just wish they could understand how hard I am trying and know that it takes a lot for me to even be in the same room as them and try to join in conversations. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but whenever someone mentions how quiet i am, i just want to go away and be alone for the rest of the day. It makss me feel so self conscious and not good enough.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey, I want to let you know I have read this and will respond proper in the morning when I get on my laptop. I know how you feel and I hope that can help some how for now xx
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I totally understand the frustration. I don't like attention being drawn to the fact that I'm quiet either. Definitely doesn't make me want to talk more. Makes me want to retreat even further into my shell. It sucks when people can't see the work you're putting into not only coping but trying to improve on top of that...and to fight severe social anxiety? So not a cakewalk by any means. Allow me to take this opportunity to acknowledge your efforts and to commend you for trying. I hope you find the counseling beneficial. You are good enough and you're doing a good job.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You don't have self-confidence. I'm just wondering how's your love life going?Do you have any? You need to help yourself to conquer your fear by joining some organizations. That can help boost your self-esteem.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.