Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You read back over some posts and say ' did I really make all of typos '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    The [BEEP] being piled onto JK Rowling is despicable. This woman is a genius, and created an entire universe that improved the lives of millions - she is not transphobic. Her stance is that gender does not equate to sex, and she is 100% correct. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan and I think the abuse this woman is receiving is asinine.

The ultra woke just need to push their delusional realities to virtue signal, and then everyone decides to pile on because it has become the trendy thing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Heelsbythebridge View Post
    The [BEEP] being piled onto JK Rowling is despicable. This woman is a genius, and created an entire universe that improved the lives of millions - she is not transphobic. Her stance is that gender does not equate to sex, and she is 100% correct. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan and I think the abuse this woman is receiving is asinine.

The ultra woke just need to push their delusional realities to virtue signal, and then everyone decides to pile on because it has become the trendy thing.

Eh, I'll try and make an explanation for why this happening in the UK, its not all to do with the "ultra-woke", dismissive to suggest it is.

There is a lot of tension at the moment in the UK with regards to Transphobia, Trans issue - particularly when it comes to treatment issues (been curtailed here in recent years, is becoming more and more difficult to get any sort of treatment, wait times are insanely long - it's not a case of anyone should be able to change there ID whenever they want, which was never the case). Add in the fact that the current ruling party is spending a lot of time stoking a culture war, as it has decided to go the populism route, thinking that will win it elections. When I do refer Transphobia in the UK here - I do refer to genuine transphobia here. The kind where people end up being attacked on the street.

I have little sympathy for her after joining in on these culture wars, and turning an issue which prior to a few years back, no-one really cared much about, into a major issue. These culture wars are tearing the country apart, and it needs to stop. Instead we have people such as JK Rowling - who has a massive reach - adding fuel to the fire.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    To be clear, I don't agree with much of JK Rowling stance on transgender people. I don't think more rights given to transwomen erodes the rights of ciswomen.

But threatening, doxxing, and attacking a woman - someone who has been through domestic abuse and poverty and trauma because of men... I don't give a flying fck what kind of moral high ground you think you have, you don't get to fucking do that and claim superiority. And it is what this hivemind mob is doing, and then justifying it because of this warped virtue signaling. Look into your own abyss.

I also stand by my comment on the ultra woke. There is no basis in reality for these people.

Joanne has my full support. She is trying to look out for women and children.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Condone? No. Sympathize? Not really. Am I doing it? Absolutley not. But is like the person who stuck his hand in a bee hive and then got stung.

She was, as many others here have done - some others public figures in the UK, some in government, but unheard of outside the UK - happy to weigh in on a culture war and engaging in a moral panic. A lot of the things that those who have said similar views here have said are entirely devoid of reality - including some of what she has said, not to mention the inflamatory nature of some of her tweets a few years back. Men identifying as women in order to get into a womens prison because they once said they were a women online? Please. That does not happen, none of the "new plans" will allow to happen. Insisting that there is a "Trans lobby" in government or the media? Does not exist, except in there own minds. 5 years olds who once wore a dress being given hormones on a mass scale? Also not a thing. But these narratives are causing real harm here.

May be the ultra-woke North-Americans doing it, and the ultra woke are nuts world round - but the issues go far deeper and further in the UK, far beyond woke or not - and has been going on a lot longer, is not just a JK issue, there are others - to the point that the UK is now listed alongside Russia and Turkey on the Council of Europes "not friendly for the LGBT people" list, all as a result of this one issue. For a lot in this moral panic group, they panic at the sign of any sort of easement - even if it reducing the fee to change genders down from hundreds, or removing what is essential a bureaucractic nightmare and a degrading process in order to do so.

And it is fairly frustrating that Non-Britons on all sides of the debate have decided to weigh in on the issues here (and is not just this issue), whilst missing a lot of the context behind it, and assuming that what goes in there own countries is the same here. Which doesn't particularly help when it actually comes to resolving those issues.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is simple really. Some people should just stay quiet on very sensitive issues. There is no need for them to get involved. This is not her first time either. She has said other stuff in the past. By now she should know to keep quiet. That it will land her in deep water. She can only blame herself for her own views.

Oh, what she was tweeting about were the new rules in Scotland surrounding rape. Is simple. You rape a person you get done for it. But if you are trans gender and see yourself as a female, the police and courts will also see you as a female. But your sentence for the rape will be the exact same. That is what pissed JK off. If they have a penis and rape a person they are males. Thus treat them as males. Was like she assumed they would get a lesser sentence if they were treated as females. Thus she jumped to conclusions without knowing or wanting to know the full facts. Which a lot of people do. Which lands them deep in it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    mickey.jpg

Got this watch more for novelty reasons. Sale price. Looks great on. Had to have it adjusted to fit.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That looks like a fancy, grown-up version of a watch I had when I was ever so small. Mine was white with a leather wristband. I loved it ever so much.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I love the watch. Kind of watch you would forget you even had on. Is an adult watch. Was way too big when it arrived. Needed a few links removed. Saw it and loved it. Knew I had to have it. Typical of me. Something catches my eye like that and I must have it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, I think it looks great. It shows some personality too.

I had a lot of crappy watches over the years when I was growing up, but there were only two that really stayed with me. The white Mickey watch and this flashy bright pink and black one I had as a teen. Loved it too. they were also the only analogue ones I ever had. The rest tended to be digital, and even as I child I just knew it wasn't the same.

Don't know what became of the Mickey watch, but the pink one broke at the hospital when I was visiting my grandmother. I remember the pin just suddenly shooting out and the watch falling to the floor. It was very dramatic! The housing for the pin had broken off, so there was no real fixing it. Didn't have a watch for about 15 years after that....

My then girlfriend bought us matching watches. I think we broke up about three months later. Not sure I ever really wore it.... Definitely don't remember what happened to it. Knowing her she probably ended up taking it back and selling it.

No great loss though.... I mean it was a pretty cool watch, but given what it represented I was more than happy to let that go.

Still miss my Mickey and my pink watch though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Oddly enough I do have a watch that cost about 10 times the price of the Mickey Mouse watch. Still in working order. Yet I wanted the cheaper watch because I liked it. Have a few other watches too. Even a good old fashioned pocket watch. Picked that up years ago. Never actually used it. More just something to collect. I went through my clock and watch collecting phase. Whole room full of clocks. Think I got fed up when daylight saving time came around twice a year. There was no way I was moving the time on all of them backwards and forwards.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So you're saying that you didn't have TIME to wind all those clocks backwards and forwards? *ba-dum-tish*

No, I heard you on that one. I'm really bad with that. I often don't bother to change my wallclock when it comes to daylight savings, just leave it on normal time and add the hour on in my head for the summer, it's not hard. I'm more paranoid that'll I'll do something klutzy like drop the clock on the floor while doing that. It's nerve-wracking enough when I have to change the battery every couple of years!

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.