Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Adam Ruins Everything has a show with the justice system as its focus. It talks about jury bias (like racism), mandatory minimum sentences that set a minimum number of years for every crime of that type, etc. The US War on Drugs has run away with mandatory minimums, where people with a personal amount of pot could get more time than a rapist (like the infamous Brock Turner). And the disparity between white collar crime sentences vs blue collar ones. And the prison system is messed up too. Prison corporations actually get government contracts where they get to dictate the minimum percent of capacity of the prison. If it goes below a certain capacity, the corporation can sue the government. Pretty much an incentive to make govt policy that imprisons a completely unnecessary number of people. Also prison labor can be auctioned off to the highest bidding corporation and the inmates get less than five bucks a day. Inhumane.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think in this Country they simply need to use their heads a bit more. Life in prison does not mean life in prison. Means you could be out in 10 years in you are seen to be a model prisoner. Imagine somebody you loved was killed in a brutal fashion and the killer was out after 10 years. Is these types of people that need to be kept in prison longer. Sex offences you might be looking at 3 years in prison. Half that for been a model prisoner. I am not saying we need the full US system brought in over here. We could do it our own way. The time certainly does not match the crime. You do have people with over 100 previous convictions walking the streets. Having never served any time at all. That to me is wrong. They are well known to the police and the courts. If I committed a crime I would get a sentence. Even if I had no previous convictions. Same names they keeping letting off every time. Some have been arrested for committing serious crimes a day or day after they had been in court and let off again. Few well known cases. The media went to town on the law over it all. It is like they think if they give them a chance they will learn. How many chances must they give them before they cop on that they will never learn?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This discussion reminds me of Portugal's success with decriminalizing all drugs. A lot of people think that's synonymous with legalization, but decriminalization just removes criminal penalties. The substance can still be confiscated, and there are different shades of it all, like whether possession is okay only but selling is not. Portugal then took the money they had been using to enforce and imprison and used it for prevention and rehabiliation. Drug use has gone way down, as well as incarceration/ruined lives for what is becoming seen as more a disease than some kind of failure of willpower (addiction, that is).

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That didn't work straight away in Portugal. Took a few years for them to get it right. When first introduced there was a huge spike in drug use. I think it was the fact that nobody was been arrested made the drug users see a bit of sense. There was no need to hang around street corners and shoot up. Toss dirty needles all over the place. What they were doing was no longer a crime. Took a few years for that to sink in with a lot of people. Once it did things began to work as planned. But there was those early years were they did wonder would it work or not. As the reverse effect was happening. Can understand it. People not wanting to believe that drug use was no longer a crime. I am sure they thought it was some kind of trick. It is only when you don't get arrested it begins to sink it that it is real.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I want a swimming pool so bad!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Got a good walk in today. First since I came home from Hospital. Had been just going out to the garden before that. Decided today was the day to venture that bit further.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Had a camera down the throat this morning. I was wide awake. They did give me something meant to half put me to sleep. It never worked on me. [BEEP] thing. I could feel everything. If it wasn't for the nurse behind me talking to me and sort of massaging my shoulders I think it would have been worse. I focused on her voice and her touch. Weird experience. From the gag reflex to the bloating stomach. Throat is off and will be for a day or two. That is normal. For a first timer, what can I say? Not as bad as I imagined. Yes I expected to be out cold. Or nearly out cold. That never happened.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wow Cuchculan that sounds so difficult. Thank goodness for the nurse and her gentle ways. Nurses are wonderful aren’t they?
    Hopefully the worst is behind you and maybe you’ll learn why you have acid reflux.
    Take Care
    PS
    Not pointless at all

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thank you Jamie. Experience and a half. Not as bad as what I imagined it to be. Only thing is I did expect to sort of asleep. I got through it. God bless that Nurse. 6 weeks time again for a visit to a certain clinic that is part of the hospital. Might be a Gastro clinic or something. Will know more when they send me a letter.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Built a catapult based on the original design of Leonardo Da Vinci. Even works. Lot of wood. Lot of glue. Very easy to put the wrong parts in the wrong places. Hardest part was the strings, to make it work. Only way one they could go on to get it to work. More or less had to figure it out. As instructions were not clear at all. The fun part is when you see it working.

DSCI0003 (1).JPG
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Got an excellent laser pointer off a friend who is just back from Spain. Comes in a gift box. More curious to see how far it will go .Distance wise. Other than that it is just another gadget for the collection.

300mw%20green%20laser%20pointer%205in1.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    took an astronomy course in college and one night the prof took us outside with a green laser pointer bc i guess the green wavelength enables it to go farther and used it to indicate certain stars and constellations. you could probably signal aliens with it just dont blind pilots with it sir

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I will be a good boy, Kind Sir. No intentions of doing anything with it really. Just want to see how far it goes. Various claims made on you tube. One person said half a mile. Another said a mile. No idea how they would know the distance. Get a friend to stand a mile away and blind him. More just curious. Looks the business though.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Probably depends a lot on the amount of particulates in the air and obviously fog.

So I thought I was having a run of the mill Crohn's flares and went to the ER. After a seemingly spontaneous panic attack in the exam room and a massive dose of IV ativan I find out I actually have c diff, and they had been on the verge of discharging me. If they had I would've been back within 24 hours. A lot of vitamin level are deficient, but at least since it isnt crohns i can avoid prednisone, which agitates me a lot.

Haven't gotten anything for pain yet. Well tylenol, but that's like trying to put out a house fire with a water balloon. The nurses have been much friendlier this time, docs are still generally pushy and ask me a million questions theyd know the answer too if they read my chart. Think next time I will just write all that sort of info down make a couple copies of it for em.

Read a news article today about drug smugglers using catapults and slingshots to get drugs over the US-Mexico border where there's already a wall. WHich leads me to ask cuchman what motivated you to build your catapault?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Ever just see something and be curious about it. Saw it in a shop window. Decided to have a look at it. Saw it had to be made. Was only going for 3 Euro. That is no money at all. Hardest part was the strings at the end. Tie them wrong and it wouldn't work. Took a few test runs but finally I got it working. I guess I like to build things. Gives me something to do. Some can be done in a few hours. Bigger things can take days. The cars were you have to build the drive chain and engine first. Plus it all have to move when you turn other things. Others would find this kind of stuff a right pain to build. I use it to relax me and pass away the hours.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.