Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Sorry, that may have been a semi ironic, dry joke. Theres a video based on a story that's been doing the rounds of social media lately, someone doing the whole "you're in England, speak English thing". (Dont know if you get that so much in the US). Only thing is, they're in Wales, not England. Guy points out hes actually speaking Welsh, in Wales (hes actually speaking Spanish, but beyond the point).

The comments however, responding to the video, are classic.

- First comment I believe was in response to someone going on a rant about eastern Europe and eastern European immigrants. Because that, apparently, has everything to do with Wales. Only Wales is sort of...part of the British Isles?

- Third comment was just in response to a racist prick. The Welsh, according to someone, were not white. Gave me a good laugh. Again, beyond the point whether they are or not.

This is one of those things I'd say wouldn't happen, and theres way in hell someone would not realize any of this. Unfortunately, having lived in Wales, in one of the areas with the highest population of fluent Welsh speakers, and a popular tourist destination for a beach holiday...well, it's happened unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Haha sorry I get it now. I have friends who have said things in my company like "All Mexicans are lazy," then I ask them how many Mexicans they know, let alone work/have worked with. I read an article in The Atlantic about how people who live in the most ethnically homogeneous areas in the US generally have the most racist beliefs. Those who have actually interacted with people of other ethnicities are least likely to believe negative things about other ethnicities.

There was a guy in NYC in the news here a few months ago caught on video ranting at coffee shop employees who were speaking Spanish to speak English. People set up a crowdfunding account to pay for a 24/7 mariachi band to play outside his apartment for a few days.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The real problem, as I see it, is old fashioned views. Older people can not accept change. Here in Ireland, they don't mean to be racist, but what they say is racist as anything. Even I am old enough to remember when the old black person you saw was in a hospital as a doctor here in Ireland. I live in Dublin. Imagine a person in a small rural part of Ireland today? You stick an African family in that village and they are just speaking in an honest way to them. But their honesty is racist. We take Dublin? They are making the same mistakes here they made in the UK years ago. Sticking all the African families in the same areas. This is just causing issues. My home area / road has a few families from various countries. We all get on great. It is only when they create these areas of Africans only that you will have problems. Mix them into other areas and you have no issues at all. Great friends with an African chap who lives a few doors up. Next door to him is a Romanian. Another nice family. Only yesterday we had a Turkish neighbour in with us. When you mix people in with the Irish people everybody gets on great. Sticking them all in one area is putting them e. Like painting a giant X over the area. It has never worked in any countries it has been tried in, in the past. It has always caused problems. You go back 30 years here and Ireland was still 99% white. Mainly over the past 20 years we have had a flood of people coming to the country. Older generations of Irish people are not used it and never will be. Younger generation like to blame them for taken all the jobs. Crap excuse as these jobs were always there and white Irish people never wanted them. Until foreign nationals began to work the same jobs. The more rural you go in Ireland the more racist the people will be. Though just watch you tube for people telling Irish people to rise up and take the country back. Yes. We have a few idiots making such videos. And getting a small band of followers too. Warren Chambers is one name you can look up. Racist fucker. Anti African, Anti Muslim. Anti everything except Irish.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'd say the problems are still here in the UK.

Lot of people like to blame "those immigrants" for stealing there jobs. Throw in the 2008 financial crash and the job losses that followed, and this decades austerity policies causing cuts to services. People have found there schools, healthcare and such beginning to worsen. Who is to blame? Well certain people would say foreigners. It's a convenient scapegoat.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    European Elections are coming up again (Because we cant make our mind up what we want), and Lord Buckethead is standing in my constituency.

At this point Lord Buckethead seems to be the sanest person standing and the most likely to get anything done. Honestly, a toaster would honestly have a better chance at negotiating Brexit.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We had a weed head called Ming run for the EU elections. He actually won the last few times. So let us see if he wins again this time around. Buckethead seems so cool.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Lately I?ve been actually saying what I?m thinking. Can you imagine if everyone did that? Lol.
    Seriously Bernie Sanders, you need to go after prisoners to garner votes? Death row terrorists according to Bernie should not have their voting rights taken away?? Crazy lunatic is what he is.

The ?Me too? movement stopped being meaningful the minute it became political. Or the minute people started coming out of the woodwork claiming to have been groped or touched 100 years ago so let?s ruin his career. Not sure why this makes me mad, but it does. Maybe because people that never came forward because of a fear of not being believed now never will. Ever.

And another thing, times were different 30 or 20 or 40 years ago! Indian is no longer safe to say? Indian Indian Indian.
    I?m not a bigot and if I used the word ?gay? when I was younger that?s because it was normal to use the word gay.
    Who cares? Why is everyone so frigging offended about EVERYTHING?
    I could go on for a while bc I?m just getting started but I won?t bore you anymore. I?ll write in my journal. FEELING ANGRY. I wonder why?

?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m back. And I said ‘yeah’ instead of ‘yes’
    Who cares? Not me anymore.
    Why are parents changing the sex of their child? Better question, why are parents letting their children choose what sex they want to be????
    And surgically altering their bodies. Child abuse and maybe the parents are psychotic.
    And another thing, on a birth certificate there’ are TWO choices; male or female. There is no Third choice. Your child doesn’t get to fill that part in later when they’ve made up their mind. Oh wait. They DO get to choose.
    Someone’s going to have to come up with a form for when they change their mind. Nah, I think I’ll be a boy after all. The world is insane.
    And lastly, hopefully, what’s up with the question mark replacing the apostrophe ? Did the apostrophe decide it wants to be a question mark?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Another day

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You know we have over 5,000 members and less than 600 threads in the introduction section. I must have been bored to notice that one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I hate Ambien, it makes me want him more. Wtf

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is this not meant to be Summer? Like fecken November out there. Breeze that would skin you alive. Hurry up Climate change.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I just finished watching the most interesting documentary about John and Yoko Ono and the making of Imagine.
    It dispelled all of my preconceived notions regarding Yoko. She was and is a very misunderstood person imo.
    Anyway, the documentary was very moving and I was crying throughout.
    There was this man called Phil Spector often sort of lurking in a weird way, again, imo.
    Anyway, the Absolutely pointless point I’m trying to make..?
    I watch something so beautiful and the first thing I do is google Phil Spector.
    Wth?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I've been watching "Adam Ruins Everything," as well as Bill Nye and Conan O'Brien stuff youtube. You guys should check them out. Funny and informative.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I watch a lot of stuff on you tube. Documentaries and the likes. Road wars and traffic cops and great. Makes me laugh when they tell you what sentence the person arrested got. They are UK shows. In the US it would 10 years. In the UK a person driving a robbed car, who obviously has no license, gets 4 points on the license they have not got and banned from driving for a year. They have to pay costs of ?187. For all the hard work the police do the sentences would make you laugh. The police are the first to admit it. ' Not worth our time really arresting him, he will be back out in a few hours '. Similar laws exist here in Ireland. Woman got pregnant on purpose just before a court date. The judge didn't send her to prison because she was pregnant. She had punched and taken a chunk out of a new of police officers, with her teeth. Irish people want set sentences. You do a crime you know in advance what you will get if caught. For the record, if I had no TV license, which everybody who has a RV must have, I might get 4 months in prison. If you got caught shoplifting, and had 100 previous convictions, chances are you would be set free. Is that the public want to see changed. Repeat offenders who keep getting back out without serving a day in prison. We had a case were one such repeat offender, whilst waiting a court date, killed somebody. In the same week a middle aged woman who had no TV license got 3 months in prison. Makes no sense. Who is more dangerous? According to the law it seems to be the middle aged woman who has no TV license. OAPs get the TV license free. Lucky for them. Or most of them would be locked up. A fine for not having a TV license is fair enough. Depends on the judge you get. Which shows you what a joke our legal system is. Some give you a month to buy a license and appear before them and show them the license. Again fair enough. Is only a bloody TV license. Get the wrong judge and you are going down. I will never agree with a prison sentence for that. Not sure if you need a TV license in the US? Once you have a TV here, you must have one. Is not like they even cost that much. The gripe people have is it goes to the main Irish TV station and they have crap TV shows. If they had one some class shows maybe people wouldn't mind paying it. People always ask where does all the money go? It is obvious it does not go towards making TV shows better. We all think it goes towards the wages of their top presenters.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.