Furries and bronies kind of creep me out

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    is this dante's inferno>
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barque_of_Dante

There is a scene from the movie The House That Jack Built that replicates this painting. I kind of want a whole film in that style now. Lol. Idk. Something about it was fascinating to me. I'm not much of a reader, but I need to read the Divine Comedy sometime, as it's more of a long poem than a traditional book (or at least, I think). @Cuchculan
    Yeah, I think those are the damned. Probably something about being in hell makes you want to bite a boat. Haha.

Also, since this thread is pointless. There is an album called The Divine Comedy by Milla Jovovich. It's pretty good.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barque_of_Dante

There is a scene from the movie The House That Jack Built that replicates this painting. I kind of want a whole film in that style now. Lol. Idk. Something about it was fascinating to me. I'm not much of a reader, but I need to read the Divine Comedy sometime, as it's more of a long poem than a traditional book (or at least, I think). @Cuchculan
    Yeah, I think those are the damned. Probably something about being in hell makes you want to bite a boat. Haha.

Also, since this thread is pointless. The is an album called The Divine Comedy by Milla Jovovich. It's pretty good.
    I forget what other book I read it in, but the protagonist said something about how weird it is that these souls suffering in lakes of boiling blood and stuff stop shrieking and gnashing their teeth and answer Dante's questions and tell him all about their lives in an eloquent manner. Then he moves on with Virgil and they go back to screaming and wailing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I forget what other book I read it in, but the protagonist said something about how weird it is that these souls suffering in lakes of boiling blood and stuff stop shrieking and gnashing their teeth and answer Dante's questions and tell him all about their lives in an eloquent manner. Then he moves on with Virgil and they go back to screaming and wailing.
    That's creeeeepy.

Yeah, I think there are a lot of references/allusions to it in tons of books/movies/songs/pretty much everything lol. I bet there is a wiki page dedicated to it. Edit: yup : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dant...opular_culture *goes down the rabbit hole*
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    One of the characters in Kevin Smith's Clerks or Dogma is named Dante. I can't think of many others. I thought it was interesting in the Inferno how SPOILER ALERT when they reach the very bottom of Hell, Satan is actually shown as being encased in ice, isn't he?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is also a band called The Divine Comedy
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    One of the characters in Kevin Smith's Clerks or Dogma is named Dante. I can't think of many others. I thought it was interesting in the Inferno how SPOILER ALERT when they reach the very bottom of Hell, Satan is actually shown as being encased in ice, isn't he?
    Yeah, I wonder what the meaning of that is supposed to be.

Also, I mentioned in another thread about how small the wolrd can be at times. Guess what? I came across another example. I was watching this video after mentionng Milla to refresh my memory:

Which I later realized is an ode to the short film Meshes of the Afternoon, which is one of my favorites.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    My brother would throw a fit over the wrong brand of ketchup.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Its weird how men over 60 or 70 call their wives "mother".

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    Its weird how men over 60 or 70 call their wives "mother".
    I can't say I've ever heard that before. Or you mean in the context of their children, e.g. "Ask your mother." The whole "daddy" thing is what weirds me out. One of my neighbors used to call her bf daddy all the time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Irish people always seem to put the word ' The ' before ' Christmas '. Random. Bit like ' have to get the Christmas over with '. Or ' The Christmas was good '. Is like they can't can Christmas without the word ' The ' before it. ' Enjoy the Christmas '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Irish people always seem to put the word ' The ' before ' Christmas '. Random. Bit like ' have to get the Christmas over with '. Or ' The Christmas was good '. Is like they can't can Christmas without the word ' The ' before it. ' Enjoy the Christmas '.
    I was going to send you a funny irish skit from the show snl but I was worried it might offend you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I was going to send you a funny irish skit from the show snl but I was worried it might offend you.
    Us Irish laugh at ourselves. Very hard to offend us. Post it for everybody to see.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Us Irish laugh at ourselves. Very hard to offend us. Post it for everybody to see.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    So funny. Boggers for you. As in from the rural parts of Ireland. [BEEP] end of nowhere. Bit like Hicks in the US. Have a look at this one. So funny.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.