Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    No idea about you lot, but over here, most people have ' No Junk Mail ' stickers on their house mail box. Today I was coming in, at the same time a bloke was about to enter the garden, with junk mail. It was also bin day. He handed it to me and I opened the bin and tossed it into the bin and closed the gate and went into my house. The look on his face was priceless.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    No idea about you lot, but over here, most people have ' No Junk Mail ' stickers on their house mail box. Today I was coming in, at the same time a bloke was about to enter the garden, with junk mail. It was also bin day. He handed it to me and I opened the bin and tossed it into the bin and closed the gate and went into my house. The look on his face was priceless.
    I actually heard that it's illegal for mailmen to not deliver those here. My apartment has trash cans in the mail room, so I just throw them away every time I check the mail.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    I don't like what's happening to Liam Neeson. He admitted something he felt was wrong decades ago, called himself out on it, and now is getting all this flack. It's unbelievable. There's a lot of high profile people who are currently expressing racist POV, including a few in government, and their careers aren't in jeopardy.
    I don't know the details of Liam Neeson, but I find the whole moral outrage internet culture to be really bizarre. The whole idea that something you said, not did, said years ago can potentially ruin your career. I mean, it's not like people change or regret past decisions. No, they can't do that. Also, when did people suddenly become the moral police? Lol. It's odd because society seems to be becoming less religious, but people seem even less forgiving and even more judgemental. It really is a weird contrast.

Why are people so obsessed with the moral character of people they will never interact with? But yeah, the hypocrisy/double standard also bothers me. People are weird. Lol.

I watched a video recently that had some interesting things to say on the subject.

"When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Free textbooks, kewl.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Liam Neeson is no racist. It was 40 years ago and he felt bad about nearly straight away, back 40 years ago. Is a great interview of a famous black football player from England defending Neeson. Saying if only more people were honest as he was the whole race issue that still exists today could be talked about in a more open way. Have to understand were Neeson lived 40 years ago too. Northern Ireland were you had political trouble and terrorism going on. Lot of people were very angry who lived in the North of Ireland. He simply reacted after hearing a female friend was raped by a black man. But it was 40 years ago. He didn't actually harm anybody 40 years ago. It was a thought he had in his head. To hunt a black person down and hope they tried to pick a fight with him. That was the height of it. How he felt and what he was thinking. Never did attack a black person. Felt guilty within a week and went to speak with the local priest about how he was feeling. The anger of what happened to his female friend and what he felt like doing. And there it ended. And so it should be left alone. He said if it had of been a white catholic male or a Protestant, he would have acted the same way, in wanting to go after them too. But as is normal, they only picked up on the black man. Ignoring the rest of what he said. The white catholic male. The white protestant male.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well said Cuchculan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Liam Neeson is no racist. It was 40 years ago and he felt bad about nearly straight away, back 40 years ago. Is a great interview of a famous black football player from England defending Neeson. Saying if only more people were honest as he was the whole race issue that still exists today could be talked about in a more open way. Have to understand were Neeson lived 40 years ago too. Northern Ireland were you had political trouble and terrorism going on. Lot of people were very angry who lived in the North of Ireland. He simply reacted after hearing a female friend was raped by a black man. But it was 40 years ago. He didn't actually harm anybody 40 years ago. It was a thought he had in his head. To hunt a black person down and hope they tried to pick a fight with him. That was the height of it. How he felt and what he was thinking. Never did attack a black person. Felt guilty within a week and went to speak with the local priest about how he was feeling. The anger of what happened to his female friend and what he felt like doing. And there it ended. And so it should be left alone. He said if it had of been a white catholic male or a Protestant, he would have acted the same way, in wanting to go after them too. But as is normal, they only picked up on the black man. Ignoring the rest of what he said. The white catholic male. The white protestant male.
    Yeah, I also meant to add that what a person said doesn't even need to be in context. People can quote mine bits and pieces of what you said and it doesn't matter if you apologized or clarified. A lot of people aren't willing to dig deeper into the situation and will just take whatever source's word for it without a second thought. People love their pitchforks, I guess. Haha.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    May as well add in that 40 years ago in Ireland finding a black person would have been very hard. Just the way it was back then. You had a few doctors. The country only changed over the past 20 years. Look at any sitcom from that era and jokes were racist and sexist. It was simply how things were back then. It was a different era. It does still exist today. It has not gone away. People simply don't talk about it. Liam Neeson was just been honest about a thought he had 40 years ago. Look were it has got him. That is why others would not speak openly about such things. So it will always remain an issue.

Just watch this short clip from Father Ted. This is how Ireland is. We joke. Meaning it as a joke. Trying to be as we always were. This sums it up to perfection.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    *gets offended*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    But yeah, I agree with what you wrote. I've never read 1984, but the terms groupthink and thought crime come to mind. I also wonder how much of the outrage in stories like this is exaggerated. Thousands of people on twitter are just a drop in the bucket. But to somebody on the outside it looks like that's what the majority believe. Idk.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I saw someone with a backpack that had this little bubble window with a cat in it at the store. It made my whole day. Lol I had no idea it was a thing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I saw several times on the Metro in Paris a few months ago. Stick a tiny dog in a a bag carry it into the tunnels and then on and off the train.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Bein lazy again

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Dogs are not for bags. That just became the IT girl fashion thing. Buy a dog to put in your bag.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.