16 Post(s)
    Idk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post

Also people are crazy when it comes to train tracks. Seen someone drop there phone onto the lines, and jump down after it to get the damn thing. Took a few people to pull her back onto the platform.

Trains are fast. Don't jump onto a train track.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I am not the sort to just dive down onto the train tracks. There is a safe route down here. The time of the next train is clear for all to see. No crazy risks ever taken. We knew we had enough time this morning. At that same station one day a woman dropped some money. Bent down to pick it up and fell onto the tracks. That was the end of her. We have express trains and normal trains. Normal ones stop at every station. As she hit the tracks an express train came along. They don't stop at every station. Can be going over 100 plus MPH. I live beside a station too. Have had a few jumpers over the years. With a car you go over the car if hit. With a train it is one big mess. Trains are stopped until the whole mess is cleaned up. Either get sucked under the train and bounce off it. Not a nice way to go at all. Have been a few who didn't mean to end up on the tracks. Trip over their own feet. We have had three of them last year. Accidents. Get too close to the edge and slip. The dangers of trains is well known to anybody who lives beside a train station.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    * This is kind of graphic, you've been warned *
    I saw a video years ago of a woman at one of those stations that didn't look at all before crossing. Just walked right through. There was actually a train stopped, and on a second set of tracks beside it, an express train was coming through. Idk how fast but very, very fast. It hit her with such force that it cut her in half, literally. I really wish I hadn't seen that video, it was years ago and it's something I'll never forget.

I don't understand why they don't have arms (barriers) that come down when a train is coming. Maybe I'm missing something? It's not new technology, that's been around for years and years lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They do have level crossings in a few places. Cars always try and beat the gates closing. Loads of crashes. Just people been silly. Here you are not meant to be anywhere near the tracks. There is a bridge in every station. But you always get those who don't want to use the bridge. They only have themselves to blame for doing silly things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^Ah, I see. The video I saw like I said was years ago...but there were pedestrians crossing the tracks....the tracks went through the middle of a street or thoroughfare or something. Anyways a lot of people were trying to cross the tracks and there was absolutely nothing stopping them if a train came. The woman that I saw die on that video, there was another woman right beside her who decided to stop at the first set of tracks at the last minute, otherwise she would've gotten it too.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Different countries would have different set ups as far as trains are concerned. Rural parts of a country might even be different than urban parts. More open tracks. They used to have manned housekeepers here. It was their job to close the gates when a train was coming. These days it would be all different. Done by computers and signals. On platforms here you have iron bars at the end of the platforms. But people simply hop over them. Was a video posted of near misses a month or so ago, as a warning to use bridges. One man with a kid in a buggy crossing the tracks. Just about made it up on the other side when a train shot by. They simply don't think. Is like they imagine they do anything. They are faster than a train. Idiots. Tell me, do you visit the live leaks web site? Talk about graphic content. Some fecked up videos on that site.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is not as bad as you may imagine. How he was not hurt is beyond me. This is one lucky person. He does walk away from it at the end. No gore or anything like that. I would not post videos like that.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ Jeez, that was close. No, I don't go on any sites like that, I just don't like gore. The video I saw was actually on a DVD, that one of the guys I worked with brought to work one day. Idk where he got it but it was full of gory stuff, it was all stuff that was illegal to show on television...or at least regular tv. It had people being assassinated on it, ffs. They tried to get me to watch the whole thing and after the train video I just went back to my office, I didn't want to see anymore. It was one of those bullet trains btw, it kind of looked like this...

Bullet-Train.jpg

Hopefully they've gotten a lot better with safety lol. Man I hope so.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Lot of the stations (paticularly the London Underground/Subway) are pretty old. Some probably have some legal thingy or the other on them stating that you can't add barriers or anything like that because it would ruin the architecture or whatnot (I dunno). Newer underground ones have glass separators between platform and train that'll only let you through when a trains docked. Never seen anyone hit thankfully.

"express trains" as you call them go about 100 here as well. They're not up on the arrivals board, but there's warnings on the loudspeaker that it's approaching and not stopping. You'd know it was coming.

People try and run level crossings here. You'd think the signs "Train heading at 100mph" would deter them, but seemingly not. They had a load of TV ads about it a few years back here. "Don't run across a level crossing. You could die" or something or the like.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    speaking of death, accident and fatalities I saw the worse seen in a video game about a man being burned alive (max payne 3 video game) that's really fucked me up over the years and made me more paranoid than ever. I know human beings can be evil but geez don't get mad at me for being anti social and not saying hello back to a stranger I don't know or may never see again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I'm afraid of her. LOL
    Ahh ha ha...I couldn't scare my own shadow
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    No I will not, shes just a sweetheart to me >_< why don't you do it :-P
    Aw, thank you!! And thank you for not kicking my [BEEP]!!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stroopwafels 10/freaking 10

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Why is it still raining? 3 days in a row. Is like Winter out there. The mother even had to put the heat on last night. You want to head out, but it is pointless in that weather. Stay in and you have to listen to drills with the work been done in the house next door. No win situation. Our Summer lasted for 3 days. Then we go back to this crap again. Is a man out there on top of the extension roof. Clearing it off. They are going to be working on it. Is leaking. What a day to work on a leaking roof. In the rain. How Irish is that for you.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.