• I couldn't care less

1 25.00%
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Wearing PJ's in Public

This is about female who wear their Pyjamas in public. Like going to the shops. We see a lot of it here in certain parts of Dublin, Ireland. I know it is common in some other countries as well. My own opinion is they are just bloody lazy and look disgusting and should be stopped from entering the shops. In other words ' Go home and get dressed '. Nobody wants to see you what you wear going to bed in public. I know some people will say it is a comfort thing. Some have even said they have a pair of pyjamas for bed and a pair for wearing outside the house. Maybe it is just me. I simply don't get it. If a bloke done it he would be stopped by the police. They would assume there was something wrong with him. Any roads. Put some clothes on pyjama wearers. You look bloody stupid looking.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I used to go to the gym after work. I would finish work at 2000hrs, go to the gym shower and put my pjs on and drive home in them. I didn't want to have to change two more times.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You are in a car going home. I am talking first thing in the morning. Walking around the streets and going to the shops. Little bit of a difference. How hard can it be to put some clothes on before they go out?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It can be odd if you're wearing jammies while running errands or if you're eating in a restaurant, but other than that I don't see it as a huge deal. I probably would wear em in public too, but only if my destination(s) are close to my house, like a block away.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm guilty of this. Well, not shopping. I once went to the doctors surgery in pajamas. Still, what the hell, I had the flu lovelyness. I didn't particularly want to move from my bed to be honest.

On a side note, this happened in a supermarket here a few years back. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8484116.stm

A Tesco store has asked customers not to shop in their pyjamas or barefoot.

Notices have been put up in the chain's supermarket in St Mellons in Cardiff saying: "Footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted."

A spokesman said Tesco did not have a strict dress code but it did not want people shopping in their nightwear in case it offended other customers.
    The barefoot one is baffling. Walking barefoot over a concrete carpark to Tesco just sounds...painful.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote 1 View Post
    It can be odd if you're wearing jammies while running errands or if you're eating in a restaurant, but other than that I don't see it as a huge deal. I probably would wear em in public too, but only if my destination(s) are close to my house, like a block away.

You male or female? Over here it is a 100% female thing. Males simply wouldn't do it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Amen Sister !!!!!!!

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is slightly different from what you're referring to, but I just spent five days in an RV park with family on the lake. It's a pretty big park, there were over 100 RVs there, the place was sold out. They have a front office of course, with some meeting rooms, conference rooms, and a nice restaurant, a bait shop, a gift shop, a lounge with a huge flatscreen tv and some games. And there were women walking in there in the morning in their pajamas. Tbh, it didn't bug me, I thought it was kind of cute. They have private showers also, and because there were so many of us staying up there (the RV sleeps 6 but there's only one shower in the RV obviously) the girls went to the private showers on-site, in their pajamas. That was really no big deal to me. But it would be kind of a big deal if I saw a woman in the grocery store, or out at a shop in her pajamas. It strikes me as just lazy...either that or they're attention-seeking? Idk.

There's a guy in my apartment complex that comes out of his apartment at all hours of the night and day, in his bathrobe. I have never, ever, not once in the three years I've been living here, seen him dressed. I'm guessing he doesn't work, doesn't go to school, has no need to get dressed.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    This is about female who wear their Pyjamas in public. Like going to the shops. We see a lot of it here in certain parts of Dublin, Ireland. I know it is common in some other countries as well. My own opinion is they are just bloody lazy and look disgusting and should be stopped from entering the shops. In other words ' Go home and get dressed '. Nobody wants to see you what you wear going to bed in public. I know some people will say it is a comfort thing. Some have even said they have a pair of pyjamas for bed and a pair for wearing outside the house. Maybe it is just me. I simply don't get it. If a bloke done it he would be stopped by the police. They would assume there was something wrong with him. Any roads. Put some clothes on pyjama wearers. You look bloody stupid looking.
    For us, I think it was only a brief trend - usually flannel pants with wild patterns on them. That trend has thankfully passed. They should have been outlawed.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    You male or female? Over here it is a 100% female thing. Males simply wouldn't do it.
    There's "too much going on" for guys to do that .

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    There's "too much going on" for guys to do that .
    Yeah.

When I was in college living in the dorms, there was a guy that used to come out of his room wearing only his boxers sometimes.

It was not a pretty sight.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    People should wear proper clothes, they're too lazy nowadays. I see kids going to school in pajamas and man buns.... god I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.