Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mental Health Days

I just saw this story and thought I'd share. Pretty gutsy to say you're calling in sick for a mental health day, imo. Really gutsy. I think my boss is fairly happy with my performance. My old boss, who works at the same company I still work for today, says she is really happy with me (but I think he might just be giving me a little ego boost, Idk).

I am pretty sure though, that if I called her and told her I needed a mental health day, she would tell me to get my *** into my stores and get to work. If she didn't tell me to fuq off first. She has to report to clients and my numbers affect her job. If I miss work it affects her. I don't think she loves me enough to give me a mental health day, and I don't think most bosses do. Honestly, I think you're living in a dream world or you are very, very blessed to have an awesome, understanding boss if you think you can get away with that lol. That's not to say I don't think there should be mental health days. There should. But I can't just call in if I'm feeling off. I have personal days, but I have to use my vacation days first, before I use those. And that means advance notice. Sick days are not an option for me. I cannot call in sick. I went to the emergency room a while back and then went to work after I was done, ffs. It's just not an option.

Anyways here's the story....
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07...ff_a_23024861/
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Mental health days are a real thing, but it's usually the boss that allows it. Like I wouldn't call and say I needed a mental health day.

But a boss (if he or she is any good) will see when an employee is over stressed or burned out. I've had my boss tell me to take a mental health day after I've heard shocking news.

It's smart for businesses to allow their employees to take off when they are having a mental meltdown because they're not going to get work done well that day anyway.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think mental health days are important. I don't get why I can call in physically sick but if I call and say I'm depressed and can't move from how badly I feel, that it's any different. Maybe its because I've been through it and a boss might not have. I have called and told my manager that I needed a day to recoup from depression. She told me to call if I needed anything, I took the day and returned that following day for work.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    When I was fairly new to my current job I got assaulted. I wasn't physically injured but psychologically I needed a mental health day and I took it. (I work with people with challenging behavior). It was my sick day to take.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just say that you are not well physically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I worked for a fairly understanding company who did let you take them. I'd just take a sick day. Email in, tell them I was ill. And that was it.

I'm aware it's not like that everywhere. I'm grateful ad to how understanding and accepting my previous employer was towards this, and I spent a lot of time thanking HR before I left.

If it wasnt for the stress and pretty rubbish management mismanaging pretty much every single project to really add to stress, I probably would have stuck around. People wise? Understanding why you took a mental health day? They were great.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.