Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Starting a topic

I think I tend to find this the most difficult. When people ask me questions and I'm the one answering, I can seem to talk fine. But at the end of my answer or at the end of the conversation, if I need to bring up something on my own, it feels a bit difficult. Do you guys find it easier over time or is there something else that you find works well for you?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I used to hate when I had to talk to a person I didn't know. I would stumble over my every word. What did I do? I slowed myself down. Took a step backwards. Took a deep breath. Then I spoke slowly. In other words I was doing it all at my own pace and in my own time. I wouldn't let anybody rush me at all. It worked wonders. I no longer stumble over my words. Trust me I used to be bad. Until I found out there was no real hurry to get words out. I think that can be the main problem. We think we have to get the words as quick as we can. Can make us sound like mumbling idiots. All about pacing ourselves. slowing it all down. As for bringing up things? That was never really an issue for me. Lord knows I just speak my mind. But I still had to get the words out. By slowing everything down it really helped. I was in full control. If others had to wait to hear what I had to say, so be it. I would make them wait. it is kind of like calming the mind down at the same time. So we can get things straight. That was just my way of doing things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.