Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When people say "I have [insert condition here] and I don't act like that"

Doesn't that show how little they know about mental health? People like this seem to think that if you take medicine, you're magically cured just because one medication happens to work well for their condition.

i happen to see people whose conditions are not controlled very well no matter which medicine or how many medications they take. Many of these cases really are beyond someone's control, but everyone else loves to blame it on someone's mood and/or attitude if they don't like that person's behavior.

People Le who live in my area tend to be like this, not just the individuals in question. Sometimes this makes me want to move to LA or NYC where I can find people who are more open minded and more understanding or other people's situations and points of view.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I've come across these people. I generally tell them "Well, good for you." And leave it at that. They have bigger issues than a mental illness if they're incapable of showing sympathy to someone else who is suffering, and for whom treatment has not been successful.

Sure, there are some people who are simply asking "Have you tried (insert treatment), it worked for me." That's done usually done out of kindness and not a disbelief that what works for them does not work for another. I don't have a problem with them. Nothing wrong with advise giving or sharing information about the availability of treatments.

Also seen the people you speak of who have tried treatment after treatment to no success. Often, they have given everything in attempt to get better, and no about of "positive attitude towards therapy" is going to help them.

Sure, you'll find more open minded/understanding people within the cities. There is also however, probably going to be a lot of idiots who have the same views as where you currently live. Judgemental people happen to be everywhere.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.