Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The Russians beat us with the first human in space. Yuri Gagarin was launched into space and orbited the Earth long before anyone landed on the Moon. Technically, the Russians won the space race, and we were pissed off enough about it to go to the Moon and back a few times just to say we beat them to it. Who gives a damn what happens with the Moon now? No one is better off for the millions of dollars spent in the Space Race. Russians, Chinese, US citizens, Europeans, are all living and dying homeless because our governments would rather piss away money outdoing each other. What value is it to a homeless individual to know his or her country sent people to the Moon and back when they are worried about where they are going to sleep each night or where their next meal is coming from? Now people like Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk say our survival as a species depends on our ability to colonize other planets, while doing nothing to prevent the very real suffering our fellow humans experience trying to survive on a daily basis.

My opinion is that until we do our best to help the least among us, we can spread ourselves throughout the Milky Way and it won't mean a damn thing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    It's still better than this!

The Curiosity rover on Mars was designed with the software I work on, so I had a bit part in that.

.....and to think that my very first job offer was as a contractor affiliated with NASA in Cleveland. The building I would have worked in was torn down to make room for Hopkins Airport - Cleveland's biggest.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Wasting money on the Space Race is better than...a face Hillary Clinton made? I don't get it. Or if I do, i really disagree.

Cool you worked with NASA tho

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    We still haven’t been back to the “moon” even though we were supposed to have the technology in the 1960s.

NASA never a straight answer!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There would be nothing to gain by going back to the moon. There is nothing worth having on the moon. Once upon a time it was a great big mystery. It was a race to the moon. I seriously have no idea why anybody would want to go back even a second time. If there was anything worth going there for, then great. Mars has the better option of a past life form. That is not saying man ever lived on Mars. That is saying maybe something tiny. But is that even worth trying to go near just to find out? I don't think so. If it held anything of use you can bet they would be all trying their best to reach these places. Fuel they could mine. Anything at all. But it might be a one way trip.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    yes I’m sure they found “nothing” on the moon, how convenient they taped over the original moon “landing” tapes!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.