Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Taking a Knee in Protest

I was just wondering what my friends here on the forum think of the protests of police brutality by NFL players by "taking a knee" during the US National Anthem....thoughts from around the world?

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I understand why they're doing it. And tbh, if I lived in St Louis, I would be a part of those protests. Imo Jason Stockley should be behind bars, he is a murderer, based on the evidence I've heard and based on the facts that are being reported so far. But he of course deserves a fair trial. (he didn't have a fair trial, a fair trial would've resulted in a conviction, ffs).

Several things that reeeeally bother me about this, that shake me right down to the core are.....for one, Stockley actually can be heard through video in his police car, during the chase, saying "we're going to kill this motherfucker". Then a few moments later after the chase ended, Stockley shot and killed Anthony Lamar Smith.....that's not even being disputed.....he did shoot and kill him. Add to that, Stockley alleges that Smith had a gun, which was found at the scene, but no DNA from Smith was found on the weapon. DNA from Stockley WAS found on the weapon though. FFS, man. FFS, FFS, FFS. This just looks almost like an easy, open and shut case for the prosecution. I don't know all the facts but I honestly do not know how Stockley, a white cop, got off after murdering an unarmed black man. Oh. Wait. Yes I do. It's a white cop, murdering an unarmed black man. How silly of me. Of course he got off.

To get back to the question though....I understand why NFL players are doing it, but I don't agree with how. It's disrespectful to our military, to those who serve and to those who have served. It's their right to protest though. I just don't agree with how they're going about it.

Also, I think it's laughable that the Donald has asked the US public to boycott NFL games. Bwaaahhhh, hahahaha. Ffs, good luck with that buddy. Good luck. Donald Trump asking fans to boycott games because of the protests has got to be among the most incredibly stupid, asinine, thoughtless, pointless, just.....dumbest things I've ever in my life heard another human being say. And he's our fearless leader lol. No one, no one is going to boycott the NFL.

He also asked NFL team owners to cut players, to fire players that protest. Yeah. And that's really gonna happen. I can totally see NFL owners benching or cutting players that are still owed millions of dollars on their contracts because they protested in this way. ( /sarcasm ) What planet is this guy living on? Seriously.....
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    IDK much about this incident but cops get away with anything.

It's dumb to protest at NFL games IMO though. IDK what they think it will accomplish. Just a publicity stunt.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    One team simply didn't go out onto the pitch until after the anthem. That was problem solved at that game. Might say that showed no respect at all by not been out for the anthem. If they had of gone out you would have had the same form of protest going on. To save it from happening, they simply didn't bother coming out until the anthem was over. That might be the way forward. Play your anthem. Then let the players come out.

There won't be any ban on games. There won't be any players cut. Fans love the game. Some of the best players are black. You want to cut them all from the teams? That would set the game back decades. Basketball players and Baseball players of the same race would make it an even bigger protest.

In England with women's soccer, the manager was sacked last week. Great manager. Doing wonders with the team. But he was a racist. Not with the England team. Before he got that job he managed a club side. Lot of black players. He used to bully the black players and use certain racist terms when talking to them. The English FA should never have appointed him as manager of the English team. This story first broke years ago. But it was swept under the carpet. Kept locked away. Until last week when it came back to bite him hard. Right now they have no manager. His sacking came following a game they won 6 goals to nil. Simply can't have such people in such jobs. This is big bit different. This is not protesting something outside of the game. Certain players wanted him sacked and refused to play for him.

So I would say keep the players inside until the anthem is over in the US. That way they don't have a chance to protest.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Interestingly: Before 2009 NFL players did not stand for the national anthem because they were still in the locker room when it was played, and the anthem was rarely broadcast on TV. In 2009 the US military began paying the NFL millions of dollars to have the players present during the anthem and to have more elaborate ceremonies involving soldiers broadcast on TV. At the time, a report produced by the US Senate directed by Republican Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake criticized the practice as "paid patriotism."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm glad the NFL teams showed solidarity. They can stand, kneel, sit, or fart during that song. People keep saying it's an insult to the military who fight for our freedom. They fought for America freedom. Freedom to choose who we want to follow in values. Otherwise, they would only be fighting for a one ethnic regime. Sort of like North Korean and Russian who fight for some crazy person's whims. Our flag stands for freedom. F-R-E-E-D-O-M. We can say what we want and no crazy war mongering overlord can stop us. trump must not understand that government concept. Did he get a D- in political science class?

trump has shown the lowest of the low in this crazy mess of a high position. And he is doing things counterproductive.

When I've saluted the flag before trump, I stood there proudly with my hand over my heart and sang. But not since trump got into office. I am morally against everything he says and does. So since the election, I refused to say the pledge. I either excuse myself out of a room when it will start, or I get on one knee and use that time for silent prayer - praying for this war mongerer to stop speaking, stop being who he is. I don't respect the U.S flag right now because an orange gumball is waving it through the mud. That flag is not the one that respresesnts our past "true presidential" presidents.

trump is just a toddler exploding [BEEP] balls in his diapers all day and smelling up our country.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, there are a lot of different ways to protest. You can, as has been suggested, just "fart your way" through the national anthem, or you can take a knee, or you can leave the room like a coward imo, or you can protest in other ways. HOW YOU PROTEST IS UP TO YOU. There are a lot of different ways to do it and how you do it is sort of a reflection on you, imo.

Let that sink in.

How you protest is a reflection on you.

If you just leave the room, that's a reflection on you.

If you kneel, on national tv, at a nationalized televised football game, that's a reflection on you.

If you walk out of the room in front of a classroom full of kindergartners, that's on you.

You have choices to make....you can choose to protest in a whole fucking variety of ways, in a world of different ways.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Who looks out of place in these pictures? Smug look on his face as others have their hand on their hearts.

18767727_1913891642204644_5492113988484783185_n.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lol, you are actually not supposed to have your hand over your heart during the National Anthem. You're supposed to have your hand over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. That's the only time.

I'm shocked as to how many people have no, no idea what they're doing....they just go along with the crowd, or, like in the pictures above, they decide not to, and it's actually more PC not to. You're supposed to sing the anthem with whomever is singing it, though.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Just looks so full of himself. Like he is saying ' They are playing this for me '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    He is....an embarrassment. I don't vote republican or democrat, I don't actually have a party that represents my views. And I never thought I would say this, but, right now.....I miss Obama. I miss him in so many ways.

And...does anyone remember when our biggest problem was some girl, some intern, in the white house blowing the president? Does anyone remember those days, when that was all we were worried about, ffs? Doesn't it seem like a simpler, less complicated time back then?

For fuqs sake I would trade those problems in for the problems we have now. I would trade that president in for the one we have now, without hesitation.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Seemed just fine to get down on your knees when Clinton ran the country. Especially if your name was Monica.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lolol, yeah. But that was the biggest scandal and that was our biggest problem. An intern blowing the president. That seems like such a game, that seems like nothing compared to the problems we have now lol.

I can't believe this guy is commander in chief. I really cannot believe it, It's September, almost a year after the election and I still can't believe we actually elected him. He's a fucking joke. I work with people who are hard core republicans, hard core conservatives, who tell me he is a fucking joke. He is an embarrassment.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The republican party here owns the presidency of course, and they own the senate, and they own the house of representatives. And two thirds, two thirds of the states in this country are governed by a republican.

That's got to change. It's got to.

And the democratic party is a FUCKING JOKE right now. They are not, not, not going to be the voice for change anymore. You don't become a voice for change by force feeding a candidate down the throats of voters, for one thing. What a fucking disgrace. I'm not sure I'd ever, ever vote democrat again if you paid me to do so.

The DNC needs to be gutted. They need to be gutted, and the whole thing needs to be re-built, restructured, reformed, it just needs to go away.

And the thing is....I kind of WANT to vote democrat. I sort of want to, in a way. But not like this. Ffs, get your act together. I can't in good conscience vote for someone who can't connect to the voters. She didn't even know how to laugh right. And you didn't give the people the candidate they really wanted. Wait. Wut? Yes...you ran the wrong candidate, ffs. And you did it maliciously, you did it illegally, ffs. And what was her campaign slogan again?? "I'm with her" or something like that....what the actual fuq?

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It is fucking embarrassing to identify yourself as a democrat in this country right now.

It really is.

Hug the ones you love.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.