Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Mixed race relationships

I know this may depend on what country you are from. But it is not just a black and white issue. Talking Muslim and other races too. In Ireland we have no got the same levels of racial tension you might have in other countries. Might be more of a chance of a mixed race relationship working out just fine. The only ones that seem to go sour here are Muslims and Irish people. Because the Muslims expect you to convert to their religion. It never works the other way around. The Muslim won't convert to your religion. Vast majority of them simply never work out over here. We see cases of the man doing a runner back to his home country with the kids. Leaving the woman in tears. It is kidnapping. Some of the kids have been kidnapped back. Talk about one big mess.

As for black people in Ireland? They are mainly from Africa. You do see a fair few with Irish people. Some are real. Others simply want to stay in Ireland and use the Irish person to do so. Only the Irish person doesn't cop onto this until it is far too late. They are simply been played. Be curious to hear from other people in other countries. I know we will always have some people who think people should only date their own race. Don't see that as giving the other race a chance. We always have a black feminist speaking on radio talk shows over here. Talk about having a big head. She says white people only want to date her because she is black. For to try something different. When asked has she actually ever sat down and had a chat with these people, she answered ' NO '. I know they only want to try a black woman out. Kind of person who will end up with nobody in her life. She refuses to accept that some people simply might like her because of the person she is.

This is not a racist topic. So don't turn it into one. It is asking an honest question. Myself, I would be open to giving any relationship a go. The Muslim one I would really have to think hard about. I would never convert to their faith even for love. Don't see it as been worth it. You love a person for who they are when you get to know them. So nobody should ever have to change anything about themselves.

your opinions please.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've dated outside of my race before, more than once. It doesn't bother me. If you want to keep score, two of the last four women I've had crushes on have been black women. I had a serious crush and met up with a black woman from another website not all that long ago. I don't see her as a "black woman" though, and I never have. I see her as a woman and a human being and she happens to be black, that's it. I saw her as my crush, that was it.

I'm not saying it's not an issue. The fact that dating women outside of my race (I'm white, btw, about as white as you can get, if you couldn't tell)....but the fact that it doesn't bother me does NOT mean it's not an issue. It is most definitely an issue. You'd be blind to think otherwise.

Dating someone outside of your race in southeast Texas is not what some people would call a smart choice. It's uhmmm......almost like looking for a fight, I swear to god. Houston (and some of the people that live in this area)....and for every mile you travel east of here.....can be in my experience one of the most intolerant and racist and close minded and scariest places in the USofA, I swear to god. I've seen cops discriminate against mix-raced couples here, just blatantly discriminate in front of other people like it was no big deal.

I think if you discriminate, if you're racist then ultimately it's your loss. You are going to wake up one day....or....maybe you're so ignorant and close-minded that you'll never come to this conclusion.....but one day it may dawn on you that you left out more than half the female (or male) population because of race. Your significant other might be out there, your soulmate might be out there, and they might have passed you up. They might have walked right by you and moved on to someone else because you were so close minded that you excluded him/her because of the color of their skin. I'm dead serious. You might be looking for your soulmate, searching your whole life for her and she might be right in front of you but you'll never know because you excluded black or Asian or Muslim or Middle Eastern or whatever race or ethnicity from your radar.....you don't even see them.

So ultimately, it's your loss, not theirs, if you're that racist.

Just....don't complain about not being able to find "the one" if you exclude a huge portion of the female (or male) gender based on skin color because of your own prejudice. I think doing that is laughable....the joke is on you though.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm almost positive the one I met up with lurks here, on this site. So. Yeah. This is kind of awkward, but whatever lol. I have nothing to hide.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    IDK. Some cultures have lots of differences. Some are incompatible IMO. It can work but in some cases one person is going to need to change their views.

If someone believes a woman shouldn't be able to go out in public without wearing a head scarf or w/e theyre called and the woman doesn't want to........one of those people has to change for it to go well. Doesn't always work out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think InvisibleGuy’s thoughts are very insightful. You never know. You may have just walked by the person of your dreams, your soulmate, because you excluded so many people based on color, race or religion. Personally I believe I am not prejudiced in the slightest about anyone. But really, if I really dig down deep into my soul that might not be true. I think I might be afraid of a few different cultures, if you will. North Korea is one of them. But maybe I just don’t understand the other culture...anyway, I try to embrace all cultures. So many cool and different view points. I would have loved to study theology for instance... anyway, I’m just rambling. Carry on.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Oh shoot. I got the topic wrong. I don’t have a problem with mixed race relations at all. As for me, I don’t have a lot of experience with certain cultures but in general I would date a black man for sure. As for other cultures, for instance, Muslim, I don’t think I would, based on different religious beliefs and those long caftans would bug me. I hope this post doesn’t get the thread shut down. It’s my loss if I’m not experienced enough to understand certain cultures.
    -Peace-

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh. Kay. I'll take the bait.

Well goddmamn.

There are cultural and obvious religious differences.

But is that going to keep you apart from your soul mate, from the one you love. I mean. This 'Merica and I'm a white guy, I should be able to find a white Catholic girl, or a WASP, right (/sarcasm, sort of)?

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, now....suddenly the movement has become "you don't understand your own race and that's your foothold for your rebel yell".

And the irony is....

that is so, sooooo old.

That protest sign has been held up for decades, for so, soooo long, and it is so old.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ***sigh****

I'm fucking racist if I date within my own ethnicity and I'm fucking racist if I don't.

The thing is....

I DON'T CARE!!!!

I really don't.....

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't care if you're purple and if you have orange glow-in-the-dark eyes and bright crimson hair and you like to be on top all the time, and you keep junebugs as pets and you have all these strange habits....I don't care lol. If you and I click, if I get you, and you get me, and we love each other, we can work it out. Somehow.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don’t understand anything that you just wrote and I don’t want to argue. I don’t have bait and I don’t know what a Junebug is. I’m sorry if you can’t understand that I wouldn’t want to be with a North Korean because they want to kill us and I don’t understand the Koran. And I don’t want to wear a long kaftan. So call me a bigot. Whatever. Have a nice life.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lol I'm not arguing with you at all, wasn't aimed at you. I'm just saying....you can't be politically correct anymore, you cannot please anyone anymore.

If I say I've dated outside of my race then there are people (like my father) that are going to jump all over my ***. They're going to find reasons. If I decide I'm only going to date inside of my race then people are going to jump all over me.

The thing is....I DON'T CARE. I really don't. And even that's a pretty hard stance to take.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm going to piss people off by saying I DON'T CARE!!!

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.