Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultras / Firms

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Ultras / Firms

Curious to hear if these exist in other countries outside of Europe and South America. They are gangs connected with the football clubs. Some like to fight each other. Some in some countries have a say in what happens at the clubs. If they don't like a manager, they will tell fans to stay away from the home games. Until the manager is sacked. Used to be bigger in the UK in the 80's until they cracked down on it. Video shows what happens when 20,000 German fans show up in London. Only 2,000 had tickets for the game. This was a gesture at the home fans, that they are been insulted on their home patch.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Football is no longer simply about kicking a ball around a pitch. It's actually quite sad when you think about it. I remember the Euros a year or so back. Fans that went to France simply to start a fight. For some of the fans, fighting for your team was something to be proud of. It's sad that football games here now involve fans separated by fences, policemen and made to leave separately so that a fight doesn't break out.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is nothing like it used to be in the UK. Big crack down after many deaths. Most people known as firm members are on life time bans from ground the UK. These are the same ones who travel over seas to games. As they are not banned over there. Is not just the UK though. You mentioned France. Time before that when it was held there a copper was killed by German fans. God help everybody with the next World Cup. Russia? I can see disaster already. Over there the police allow the fans to fight. Away from grounds and away from the public. No weapons allowed. Ten minute fights. Once it is over, that is that. In other countries they brings guns into the games. It began in the UK and spread. Now it is not as bad in the UK. But worse in mainland Europe. Fans there like to take on the English. Just a thing. As the English started it all back in the day. Turkey is a crazy place as well. Football is their life. Which is sad really.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    It is nothing like it used to be in the UK. Big crack down after many deaths. Most people known as firm members are on life time bans from ground the UK. These are the same ones who travel over seas to games. As they are not banned over there. Is not just the UK though. You mentioned France. Time before that when it was held there a copper was killed by German fans. God help everybody with the next World Cup. Russia? I can see disaster already. Over there the police allow the fans to fight. Away from grounds and away from the public. No weapons allowed. Ten minute fights. Once it is over, that is that. In other countries they brings guns into the games. It began in the UK and spread. Now it is not as bad in the UK. But worse in mainland Europe. Fans there like to take on the English. Just a thing. As the English started it all back in the day. Turkey is a crazy place as well. Football is their life. Which is sad really.
    I know. I remember. It may not be as bad, but football can no longer be enjoyed without the police and fences separating the fans being in place. I am glad that the worst offenders are on a ban list. For the most part, people simply want to go and watch a sport they love. An overpriced hobby, perhaps, but not one that should be violent.

Football hooligan culture, as it seems to be called, may have started in England but it has defiantly spread. And Russia is certainly one of the countries in which fans have decided to copy it.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Certain sorts of fences are banned in English grounds. Because of previous deaths due to crushes. Look at any ground in the UK today and you will not see any fences between the fans and the pitches. It is not allowed any more. Stadiums are meant to be all seaters. Having fans standing was causing a lot of problems. More were getting into the stands than the stands could hold. Not fool proof though. You get some idiots running onto the pitch and attacking players.

I am sure you remember the war in the Balkins? The starting point for that was a football match. Player made a gesture at home supporters. Fighting broke out in the ground. Next we had a war on. That lasted a few years. With nearly a million dead. They hated each other before that football match. Were looking for a reason to go to war. Just one example of what happened as a result of a football match. Full scale genocide.

I love football. Played it for years. Managed as well. Is a passion. Not to the extent that I would kill or be killed for. Even here in Ireland we have fights when certain teams play each other. Fans hate each other. The game is not even professional here in Ireland. You do see grown ups acting like little kids.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Certain sorts of fences are banned in English grounds. Because of previous deaths due to crushes. Look at any ground in the UK today and you will not see any fences between the fans and the pitches. It is not allowed any more. Stadiums are meant to be all seaters. Having fans standing was causing a lot of problems. More were getting into the stands than the stands could hold. Not fool proof though. You get some idiots running onto the pitch and attacking players.

I am sure you remember the war in the Balkins? The starting point for that was a football match. Player made a gesture at home supporters. Fighting broke out in the ground. Next we had a war on. That lasted a few years. With nearly a million dead. They hated each other before that football match. Were looking for a reason to go to war. Just one example of what happened as a result of a football match. Full scale genocide.

I love football. Played it for years. Managed as well. Is a passion. Not to the extent that I would kill or be killed for. Even here in Ireland we have fights when certain teams play each other. Fans hate each other. The game is not even professional here in Ireland. You do see grown ups acting like little kids.
    All premiership/Scottish premier league teams have all seaters. When I've been to matches seats have always been assigned. You get a seat marked on your ticket. Heard about the crushes in the stands.

There are teams in the east of Scotland that have...religious elements to them. Let's fake Glasgow for example. Team called Celtic is Catholic. Rangers, the rival team, is protestant. It doesn't take a genius to work out how that can become a problem. At one point, I recall rangers changing there away strip to completey orange for top-to-toe. "Not a protestant thing", they said. Just a colour choice and an unfortunate coincidence. Not trying to upset anyone. Yeah, right...idiots. It doesn't take much sometimes. A player makes a hand symbol on the pitch. Crowd goes mad.

Again, it is sad. The majority just want to go and watch a game. They do not turn up carrying weaponry, several cans of lager and they do not want to fight the away fans. They do not care about the politics that seem to be behind the game. The majority are just workers who are spending there wages doing something they enjoy in the free time, not people looking to have a brawl.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Old Firm Derby. Celtic has a massive fan base here in Ireland. The songs their fans sign are the old rebel ballads. Both sides hate each other. Fan wise. As most of the players are foreign these days. They wouldn't have a clue of what is going on between the fans. The team I used to manage here in Dublin, just a park's team, was a mixture. Can only pick 11 players and six of those once were Protestants. All fans of Rangers. It didn't bother anybody at all. Simple rule, no in your face [BEEP] about anything. They would show up at training wearing ranger's tops. No big deal at all. Was a rare situation. Have to say it almost caused a near riot once when we had to play an away game in one of roughest parts of Dublin. These lads with Ranger's tops on. It didn't go down well with the locals. One way of putting it. Bricks and bottles been thrown onto the pitch. Remember this is just a game been played in a local park. It began with about 20 people watching the game. That quickly turned into near 60. People on their phones telling their friends what was going down. We gave the police a call. They sent a few cars out to rescue us. I told the referee not to stop the game. That would have been the worst thing to do. That club did get into trouble. Though they did claim the crowd that showed up were not connected to the club. Be different if it was a big game. This is just like going to your local park to play a game of football. Results were all that mattered to me as the manager. Not what jersey or what religion a person was. There was always the old joke that Protestants were always lefties. Left footed, left handed. I kid you not when I say that all six of these players were left footed. That was the one joke we used to laugh about. As much as I love my country and the whole historical side of things, this was just a game of football. You play your best players. I left it up to them if they wanted to wear their Ranger's tops out to away games again. They were smart people. They knew Rangers were a hated team here in Ireland. Some areas we had to play in were mad areas. Scumbags all over the place. Sort of shows it can also happen in your local park too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Celtic Ultras. Marching to the ground.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Cuchculan;447233]Celtic Ultras. Marching to the ground.

Daaaaaayuuuuummmmmm.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Think the US has a bit of catching up to do. Here is a video were it shows US fans and fans from Europe. Who raises a banner of Chuck Norris at a football match? That had me laughing.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow that is crazy. Looks like a lot of fun, as long as doesn't get out of control. That is nothing, nothing like US fans. And I thought US fans got a little rowdy and out of control lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What they burn, most of the time, is items they have taken from other team's supporters. They will collect them. Come the day they are playing that team, they will burn items robbed from the fans of the other teams. With the colours of the team on it. I love the way they time everything. You see the fans jumping up and down and hand clapping. It is all done as one. 10,000 fans all doing this at the same time. Will post the Icelandic thunder clap. This is just amazing.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Scotland, shite football teams, but the fans love a bit of a fight.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    And a spammers resurrected this, just in time for the Euro finals.

Scotland, shite foot teams
    Oy..

Always painful supporting Scotland.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Love the way most of the videos I posted in this thread are gone now. Removed by you tube. Because of the content.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.