Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Detached feelings

I often think on not normal because when having conversations and social gathering I fake my emotions. For example, when I'm having an argument. I feel nothing however, I know I should be sad and angry. Therefore I pretend to be sad or angry because I know I should be. And I do this everyday to my day to day life and I don't know why. Is this normal?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I would imagine a lot of people can do this. Some to please other. We know they want to hear a certain thing. We say that thing. Not because we might want to. Because we know it is the thing they expect us to say. Some of us can have zero feelings towards most things. It can come with anxiety or depression. It is all about making it through the day. So we think about ourselves only and getting through each day. Thus some can fake their feelings. To go along with the situation they find themselves in. Such as you have described. The scene is a sad one, we act sad. It is a happy one, we act happy. When really we are feeling nothing at all. It is not that we are cold people who don't care. We are simply just getting through each second of the day. Not having much time to think about others and their feelings at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have something similar to this. When other people are excited about stuff (they want to show me something, have big news, etc.) I find it hard to express excitement that seems genuine. I may actually think whatever they have to show/say is really cool, but I don't know how to express it. It's hard.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think it's anxiety related. I worry sometimes that my anxiety is gonna show thru. So I worry about worrying. Which, is just crazy.

I can fake emotions but I still very, very much feel them. I don't know if that's the same thing the OP is talking about feeling.

For me, it's not about trying to "fake" anything at all really. It's about trying to appear normal, without anxiety. And I think sometimes if I could just relax and not be so anxious, then anxiety wouldn't be an issue and there'd be absolutely nothing to worry about.

This makes me think of that saying "there's nothing to fear but fear itself".

I'm sure this only makes sense to people that suffer from anxiety.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.