Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What if?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What if?

I Am Asked by non believers why I believe in God and My answer is usually this...

I would rather Believe than Not Believe and find out in the end that I was right and I am entering his Kingdom then not believe and find out he does exist and Heaven is for Real , so who would actually win? I believe that Non Believers will also be taken in front of God and explain why don't believe but in reality God already knows why you do not believe or why you do believe. God forgives and loves us all and his Son Jesus died for Us all on Calvary not just a select few.

I am asked this also Show me what God has done?? My reply is Open your eyes look around his work is everywhere and yes he heals people and no he can not heal everyone because God doesn't work that way people forget that Evil is real and Satan is the leader or you yourself can be your own worse enemy.

Why do children get sick and die ? Because when God created the Human body which if you really think about isn't it amazing he placed everything in the spots that they work the best??? I find it amazing but the problem is Men and Women starting with Adam and Eve sinned so the problem is Sin and Evil cause this then it is passed down to the children in many ways ..The Human body is Unique and when we including myself eat , drink and harm ourselves that is on Us not God and when people rely on meds and doctors we just never know what is going to happen.

I don't blame God for my mental and physical health I blame a few doctors and meds and my lifestyle. I am a Sinner.

I respect everyone and I do not judge your faith or your beliefs at all I do however you do one day soon start believing and know just how much God loves you.

God didn't make up all these divided religions either Mankind did that.

I do not proof read lol and I do not worry about punctuation or spelling because in the END GOD doesn't care either.

Peace ,Love and Prayers.
    Ramona

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've had my faith tested so many times. If I'm being perfectly honest I have a somewhat estranged relationship with my higher power.

I don't understand suffering, especially suffering in vain, for absolutely no reason. A perfect example of this would be sick and dying children. Children with leukemia. Children who have their lives cut short, who never get to grow up, who never find success with a career or who never get the chance to find the true love you find in a partner, someone to share your life with.

Another example closer to home for me, would be my girlfriend's suicide. It obviously has led to years of pointless suffering, for dozens of people, of loved ones. Her three daughters are still suffering, along with me, just as much as the day she died. It's pointless suffering. No lessons were learned. No one, no one is better off for having survived her suicide...and I mean that very literally, the suicide of a loved one is something you learn to somehow survive. I'm not a better person for having gone through that. It nearly destroyed me, and I hate that saying that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", that is such a lie.

God has not always looked out for me, and he definitely wasn't there for my girlfriend when she needed him the most. And please, please don't anyone quote "footprints in the sand" or any bs like that. Ffs.

If I sound jaded and cynical and alone, it's because I am. Go through some of what I've gone through and then, if you don't come out the other side a little jaded then you're a much stronger person than me. This isn't aimed at you, or at anyone in particular, I'm stating what, to me, is obvious.

I don't understand a higher power that loves his children unconditionally, and at the same time can stop pointless suffering without lifting a finger, yet refuses to do so. I never will understand that.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I totally understand what you are saying I am so sorry for the loss and the pain you feel. I wish I could help you in some way .

As know that believe that God does work miracles everyday but we also know that not everyone is going to make It through their health issues mental and physical .. Suicide is one that people will say its a sin and yes in the Bible it tells us that it is but God knows the pain that a person feels mentally and when they take their life God will be there waiting on them with open arms . God created everything but he did not create sin .. Satan was once an Angel and he was cast out of Heaven so he has done nothing but work overtime with peoples emotions and their physical health..

We also have to remember that even some of the best Christian people still die and some of the worse people in the world will die so death happens there is nothing we can do but pray and surrender our pain to God and his Son Jesus..
    We will question God of course that is human nature for us that do believe and he will have his answers when we get to Heaven .

Earth is so full of hate and sin we forget that there is still beautiful amazing things out there , God wants us to see both sides and make the choice to believe and trust in him yes he does test us just as he did JOB . Job lost so many things and loved ones but yet Job got back up and kept going.

God does love us all and he does to amazing things but sadly yes sad things happen. Life isn't easy .

I know what pain feels like and losing loved ones but I also know I will see them again and they will be so much better and not be suffering anymore . I am so EXCITED!!!

My Prayers are with you and her family.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Imagine the non believer. There must be a hole in their lives. The believer can turn to God in the hardest of times. Who does the non believer turn to? At most they keep what is inside to themselves. They are not expressing it to anybody at all. The believer might pray. Even in silence. Saying what is wrong with them. Why they seek healing. Why they are reaching out. They are talking. They are not staying silent. Believe in the power of prayer can work. You believe your God will look over you and take away anything that is not of Him and you have faith in what you are asking, you can get results. You mind is been active in the belief that you will get better. Rather than the thought that you will always be the way you are. The whole negative approach.

We all have bad days. When bad it is easy to find a scapegoat for how you are feeling. You believe in God, you feel He is letting you down. He is not listening to your calls of prayer. Some see it as a test. You begin to feel good again it is easy to ignore the obvious. That you prayed and asked for help. Easy to look for any other excuse as to why you are feeling somewhat better. When the truth could be your belief. Your failure to give in and stop believing.

I also think about death. It is a process in which you will go through various stages. Awake, to a coma, to death. During the coma to death I do believe you will see what you believe in. Be that a loved on guiding you on your way. A bright light. For the person who does not believe in any of this at all, they will have an empty mind. Because they never believed in anything in life. There is nothing wrong in finding comfort in a God. If that helps a person in life it is the right thing for that person.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Pascal's Wager covered this topic awhile ago. Pascal wrote that it was only rational to believe in God, if only for the sake of one's own salvation, because that gives you about a 25 percent chance of avoiding Christian Hell, if you believe in God and live accordingly. Others since have replied that that is a dim view to take of God, that Pascal's "rational belief" in God is basically for the selfish reason of not wanting to suffer eternally. Others have pointed out that Pascal's Wager doesn't state which god to believe in, only a god, so it still leaves it up to the individual to then decide which god is most likely to allow him or her to not suffer eternally.

I'm not saying religion is good or bad, just what others have basically already said about this topic I've read about.

Another interesting historical fact is that up until the Manichean dualism thing in Zoroastrianism about six or eight thousand years ago, religions generally had spiritual beings who were each both good and evil. Basically they were gods and demons, but they were pretty much humans with supernatural powers, if that makes sense. The Greek gods were worshiped despite being both good and evil, to avoid their wrath or gain their favor. Even in Christianity's Bible, God was considered to be a jealous god, capable of getting pissed enough with the humans who worshiped Him to smite them on occasion. The whole story of Job, if I remember correctly, was about a wager God and Satan made, about whether Job would remain faithful to God despite Satan and God sending him all sorts of bad news, covering him with boils and reducing his life to crap. I think God won.

I guess this is my contention with modern Christians: they pick and choose which parts of their holy text they want to believe in. The whole New Testament and Jesus' coming to form a new covenant between God and humans that replaced the one of the Old Testament is pretty much ignored.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes Job was tested and yes God did win and so did Job he went through a lot and showed God that he was stronger than God or Satan ever imagined he was and that is what we that believe is that if we have the strength to overcome like Job did then we can show Satan that we are standing strong with God and Satan will be defeated.

God created it all but he did not create the made up religions and all the hogwash religions going on those are False Prophets and people worship their own selves also which is basically what Scientology does after you Pay lots of money lol but that's their choice to do that .. but anyway people what to say well its geographical if you were born here or there you would be this or that well yes most likely but God did not do that men and women did that.

Everyone Picks and Chooses their own lifestyle not only Christians . I do agree the Old Testament is being ignored and I have voiced my issues with that and much more which is why I don't attend churches anymore I am not say I wont ever again but the odds are slime due to cliques and drama and not carrying a bible but using a cell phone I am old school about that The Bible is the Book not a cell phone not a tablet ..

Death is death it will come without a doubt I am not scared of death I am scared of more suffering it isn't fun as we know but Jesus did suffer for me and I will do my best to get through the suffering and then head to Heaven that is my main goal in life.

I do know that without God and his Son Jesus in my life I would have ended it a long time ago I can pray and cry and talk to God I do not blame him for anything that has happened I blame myself and some others and yes Satan . I know God is a very forgiving God and he will not cast so many to hell as some believe who knows really until we get to Heaven.

I don't read books that people write about God because that is their belief and I have my own and I just don't have to urge to read them now I have in the past like Joyce Myer she has them on anxiety and depression.. I do have the Charles Stanley Study Bible I like it because he breaks it down in parts.

Thanks for the replies Cuch and Kevin.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have died so many times.

My soul is so, so rested in peace.

You have no idea.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You really have no idea.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Omfg you have no idea. You don't

have

a

fuqing

clue

do

you???

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I agree, Tye. Sometimes I wonder about people's relationship with God. I don't think any holy text is inherently bad or good. To me, the Old Testament is a way for God to be understood and that's very important. I value that myself. I believe the Old Testament is valuable for anyone who wants to have a relationship with God, or their god or whatever they believe to be most important in life. So it really bugs me when it is used to justify any action that contradicts the actual understanding of God I have of him as part of personal experience, which includes the New Testament, parts of which show Jesus not only acting contrary to the Old Testament, but explicitly have Jesus stating that the Old Testament no longer applies because the New Testament supersedes it. If I remember correctly, Jesus explicitly says you can follow the OT perfectly, and criticize others for not doing so, and you're basically at best a Pharisee.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    so says a heretic.

* sigh *

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    omg, yes I said that

Oh

my

God(s)

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Invisible Are you Okay??? sorry you are having a hard time and no I have no clue just as you have no clue of what I have been through and am going through .. but I have a feeling it is you crying out . Hugss my friend. I am here if you need to talk okay.

Kevin , People are picking what fits their life style and that isn't what should be happening but it is . I don't judge anyone that is up to God not me and I try and tell people I will be there for them and I will support them through what they are facing but I wont be used, abused, or talked about anymore and I wont be in a clique or surround myself around anyone that is out to hurt me or cause me to feel unwanted. I have enough of that here at home with my husband its been hard and I am tired but I will do my best just to be true to myself and to God..

We are all humans we are all going to fall down , stumble whatever and God knows this all he wants us to do is accept him and his son and live a more godly life style.

My issue is I love people so much and then when I get hurt I cut people off or I tell them how they made me feel and some could care less some reply some yell at me and I do get mad and type back things I shouldn't and regret it but I am so done with Fake people. I just want to make it to Heaven that's my onw and only goal and I will say getting my Son to believe God created it all.

Sorry I am me lol I go on and on and lots of times make no sense but HEY I AM COOL AS CRAP!! LOL!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tye I agree. I don't go out of my way to push my views on others, and I don't think you do either. Sorry if I came across that way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If you took 100 people, from various backgrounds, and put them in a room together, gave them the same pages of the bible to read, you might get 100 different meanings for the exact same words. Different minds / eyes can read the same words but read them differently. Some people live word for word by what the bible tells them. But what it tells them if might not tell you the same thing. These would be your bible belt people. They create their own churches. Sadly they do get followers. Some become rich off those who follow them. Which is wrong. They use God and His words for their own gains.

People with faith are strong. Why? Because their faith is tested so often. But they still believe. You can look around and question wars and the likes. God created man. He didn't bargain for the evil that some men could do. Call it getting a chance at life. Some do the right thing with their chance. Others run riot. Is it right to blame God for those who ruin their chance at life? Like to try and ruin the chances of those around them? That is down to those individuals. If they think they are doing right they will continue in their ways. Call it blinded by power in some cases. In others blinded by hatred.

Come the end of time the end result for us all will be the exact same. Death. My favourite topic. It is part of life. We are, in effect, dying from the day we are born. Is what you do in between life and death that matters most. That is your chance. Make what you will of it. So at least you can say that you gave it your best shot.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.