Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I miss being happy

I guess my title says it all... I miss being happy and excited about stuff.

I can't seem to shake this depression. It creeps up and I always seem to feel it in the morning before I get to work. I really didn't want to do meds but now I feel like I'm going to need to. I just don't want to feel bad all the time. Always worried, and always feeling like doom is coming. I can't stand it. I want relief.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think we need to learn to be happy and realise what happiness is for ourselves. If your not happy then are you sad...can you only be one or the other?

It took my a long time to learn how to be happy with myself. I've had a really big set back this year and am in therapy to learn how to not be sad all the time again. I also don't want to go on medication but I do think there are times I could use something to help calm me down.

I'm sorry to hear it's like this for you. ((Hugs))
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It depends how you define the word ' Happy '. My own life is nothing like it used to be. But I learned to accept that. Thus I am happy in my own little world. I find my own things to do each day. They maybe small things. But they help focus the mind. Keep away bad thoughts. You ever think that you have too much time to think? When we are in a situation like that our mind can bring on all sorts of bad things. That can have a big knock on effect in life for us. We start to look for the bad in everything. In everybody too. So we have to learn to focus the mind on other things. To stop us thinking like this.

You have a beautiful daughter. You should focus on her. Maker her you reason to want to be happy. Then once you see her happy, smile, think to yourself, that she happy because of what you are doing for her. This will show you that you can be happy. Might not be in the big way that you once were. But there are smaller things all around you that if you look hard enough they can still make you happy. I think everybody with anxiety / depression changes. Their life changes too. Acceptance is key to learning how to live again. Accepting the bad that might happen. The negative you might go through. Tell yourself it is real. It is part of life. But so is been happy. In other words we are accepting the bad with the good. Doing what we can to focus on the good and block the bad out. By occupying our minds.

Can take time. But it can be done.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.