Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    lmao "the congress" isn't falling apart.
    lmao
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    lmao
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I'm so glad hollywood and the congress is falling apart, I knew something crazy was going on there, and this is coming from someone interested in acting.
    Actually, Congress falling apart is not a good thing. I do believe in justice, but if someone has to resign because of mere allegations, without the proper investigation or due process into them, then the left has finally succeeded in destroying our democracy.

People are supposed to be allowed to respond to allegations, not resign because people look bad.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    No I understand what you're saying. Not rolling eyes.

I appreciate it Jamie. I appreciate you taking the time to post what you did.

I don't mean to say that everyone thinks that way. I know not everyone does, but it's enough people to create this stigma. I don't even feel comfortable talking about it in therapy. It makes me that uncomfortable. But that's just me. It doesn't mean I think it shouldn't be talked about. It should. And I have talked about it before. I just....choose not to anymore. The idea of talking about it is I guess worse than the pain of stuffing everything and keeping it to myself. Or it seems like it is, anyway. It's not that I think men who've been abused don't have the right to talk about it. it's just, personally, for me....the stigma keeps me from talking about it. I can do it here because I can hide behind a screen name. And sometimes I regret even mentioning it here.

I actually regret ever bringing it up to my shrink. It did nothing, nothing to help me heal. And imo it changes people's perceptions of you. No, it shouldn't be that way, but sometimes, from personal experience, it does. I think it makes some people see you as weak. That's NOT to say I think it shouldn't be talked about.

I'm sure you get it, Jamie. I just don't think everyone does. In fact, imo a lot of people don't.
    The question is did YOUR perception of other people's perceptions of you change? Maybe they didn't think the way you think they did.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    The question is did YOUR perception of other people's perceptions of you change? Maybe they didn't think the way you think they did.
    It doesn't matter, man.

It doesn't matter.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It bothers me on a level that I can't even describe....

that there are people out there that not only think men that have been abused are weak....

they laugh at it

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    i'm sure they're laughing right now at my own weakness for even mentioning it.

You know it says much more about their own lack of integrity, it says more about their own thought process ffs than it does mine. But it doesn't change the fact that they think it's a weakness. Some people just think that way. They are twisted, sick, very, very sick people.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know how else to describe it. It's like laughing at a sex abuse survivor shouldn't matter. It shouldn't. The ones laughing at survivors are sick people. But it doesn't change the fact that you're being laughed at, and it doesn't change the fact that in a way, it hurts. Even tho they are the sick ones.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm glad I'm not involved with anyone like that on a personal level, in real life. I'd shut them out. They're not worth my time. You know who you are lol. The only exception would be my mom, my abuser. Not much I can do about that. I can only shut her out so much.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I do wish them well tho. They need compassion in their life. They need love. They are seriously lacking something, they are perhaps used and abused themselves and they don't know how to deal with it lol. They lash out like a child cos they don't know how else to respond I guess. But I wish them nothing but the best. I hope they find help.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter, man.

It doesn't matter.
    It does when it comes to wanting to heal. To heal, we have to be willing to open up to someone who is mature.

It bothers me on a level that I can't even describe....

that there are people out there that not only think men that have been abused are weak....

they laugh at it
    It's not funny, though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Watch as it moves from industry to industry. Hollywood first. Be music next. Then sport. I can see loads more allegations been made against well known people in the New Year.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.