Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This is just awkward as fuq.....

So. This is really and truly kind of embarrassing and awkward. Idk if I'm misinterpreting things here or what, but I could really use some advice.

My aunt, who is not a blood relative, she's my dad's brother's wife....is sending me some very strange, mixed messages.

This started a few weeks ago. She started texting me, quite a bit. She said she wants to see me, and she suggested a time when her husband would be at work. She's said several times that she loves me. I'm not quite sure how to take that. I mean. I'm assuming she means she loves me like a brother (or a nephew, to be more accurate). But WHY, WHY would you have to come out and say you love someone that's a relative, not once in a text, but three separate times.

She's texting me right now on fb. Over and over and over. I'm trying to send a msg that we can just talk on facebook but she is reeeeeally persistent about wanting to meet up. I don't get it, I don't understand. I'm not gonna get with my aunt, ffs, even if she's not a blood relative, I'm just not.

The messages are sweet but they are also borderline reeeeeally creepy. Fuq.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    FML

I brought this up to my dad a couple of weeks ago and he told me to just keep her at a distance. And I have. But it's not working.

The funny thing is, I'm kind of under the impression that if it was an uncle doing this to his niece, it would be looked at waaaay differently. It's funny to some people if it's the other way around, if it's an aunt doing it to a nephew.

I don't think it's funny. At all.

She's my age, actually younger than me. We have a whole, whole lot in common. Maybe she just wants to talk. She's just sending me some really strange, mixed messages sometimes, it seems like.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.