Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Ambulance and Panic attacks?

Curious as to how people feel about this one. Chances are we have all suffered from Panic Attacks over the years. I have had many. But I never felt the need to call for an ambulance. I will explain that I listen to a radio scanner nightly. Can pick up the ambulance service. I do be gobsmacked at the amount of calls they get for people having panic attacks. I am fully aware that a person with health anxiety may think a little bit different than a person with another form of anxiety. So don't get me wrong on that one. My question is, what can they do for you in a hospital? That you can't do yourself? They will give you a tablet to take. Checks your bloods maybe and send you home again. Chances are if you suffer from panic attacks you are on medication already. Maybe it is just me. Let me know if it is. I see no point in using up an ambulance that could be going to a more serious call. If there is a more serious call the person having the panic attack is left waiting as a rule. Chances are it would be gone by the time the ambulance arrives. Maybe you have called an ambulance during a panic attack. Did it do you any good? I know I hate hospitals. I would panic even more in the hospital. But yet I do hear call outs for them every evening. What we hear back at times is the person is gone from the scene by the time it takes the ambulance to get there. Others do refuse to go to hospital against medical advice. They won't get in the ambulance.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that if they kept on repeatively happening and it was causing me severe problems i.e setting off psychosis/depression or causing major problems for my physical health i would call 999 for assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.