Thread: A bit scared

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A bit scared

Hi guys.

So i started Cipralex a little over 3 weeks ago, 10mg/day for anxiety and panic attacks. But in the first days my anxiety and side effects where so bad, my psychiatrist put me on 0.5mg of lorazepam in the morning and evening.

So it's been almost 4 weeks, i do feel a little better(nausea got a little better and anxiety tuned down a little) but not good, so she said i should take the lorazepam a few more weeks to let cipralex settle in better, and then see her again to start tapping it down.

I am scared as the leaflet said no longer then 4 weeks, but ofc i trust my doctor.

Will it be hard to get off them when the next few weeks are over?

Thanks for all your time.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your answer. It means a lot to me. It's been some rough times.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    DEFINITELY - stay in touch with your doctor on anything that happens. For now, follow the advice. Some medications take longer than others to kick in, and then some might not work. If you are just starting the process, it will take time to get the right medication combination. Like Total Eclipse says, everybody reacts differently to medications. The key is to find the right combination for you.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site I was on Cipralex for a while, but switched to Zoloft cos it seems to help me more with panic attacks, along with depression.

I was on Xanex (which I understand is different from Lorazepam, but falls under the umbrella of benzos) and I became very addicted. So addicted that I was buying it off the street at one point, and had to be admitted inpatient to a rehab center to detox. Even with the valium they put me on at the detox center, it was pure hell withdrawing.

But I agree with what's been said already, everyone responds differently to meds. I know people who take benzos with no problem whatsoever. I happen to have a very addictive personality so I really have to watch what I take, and my psychiatrist knows I have a history of addiction issues.

I hope you get results from the meds you're on. I hope they make it easier for you to deal with the anxiety.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have previously taken Cipralex a few years back and it worked very well, so well that after 2 years both me and my doc decided to take it out. And for 7 months i was great. Then this happened and had to start again. So in regards to this, i am sure it's good for my anxiety as i already feel better and side effects are starting to fade.

Regarding the benzo, i am so scared of it each time i take it and can't wait to get off it, that i seriously doubt i will ever develop a crave for it. It makes gives me such drowsiness, don't like it at all. And i only take 0.5 twice. Can't imagine a higher dose...

Thank you for all the support.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.