Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still drinking.....:-(

I try to be a 'normal' moderate drinker......but always end up drinking too much....then the withdrawals come.....and i feel like crap....so i cut back to weekends only....this holiday season doesnt help....im off work so i make excuses to drink cuz im off work till the 3rd.....new years resolutions?..what about em?....theyre made to be broken.....like promises.....

sigh....:-(

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'll be honest I drink to calm down sometimes. I drink cos it makes my anxiety go away sometimes.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HungryHungry
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've finished entire wine bottles by myself to feel numb. Not often, but more often than I should have. I was okay for a while, I was very busy, but then I got incredibly anxious and I was alone and I just lost it. So I've stopped drinking after new year's. I know it's not good for me and I need to work out better coping mechanisms, even though I can feel the temptation even now. Exercise really does help, dancing, yoga, cardio, weights...whatever floats your boat I guess. Something to excert all that anxious energy. It might not be a long time solution, but it's the most effective way I can think of. Meditation...has never really worked for me, but breathing is incredibly important. I also sometimes turn to ASMR videos, the less weird ones, but that's cause I get triggered (in a good way). I don't know, maybe some of this helps. I sometimes write too or paint or express myself creatively. I guess it always depends on the intesity of the anxiety.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote MissL View Post
    I've finished entire wine bottles by myself to feel numb. Not often, but more often than I should have. I was okay for a while, I was very busy, but then I got incredibly anxious and I was alone and I just lost it. So I've stopped drinking after new year's. I know it's not good for me and I need to work out better coping mechanisms, even though I can feel the temptation even now. Exercise really does help, dancing, yoga, cardio, weights...whatever floats your boat I guess. Something to excert all that anxious energy. It might not be a long time solution, but it's the most effective way I can think of. Meditation...has never really worked for me, but breathing is incredibly important. I also sometimes turn to ASMR videos, the less weird ones, but that's cause I get triggered (in a good way). I don't know, maybe some of this helps. I sometimes write too or paint or express myself creatively. I guess it always depends on the intesity of the anxiety.
    Good for you, MissL. Seriously.

Believe it or not, there are worse ways to cope, than drinking alone. There are much, much more damaging, self-destructive ways to cope. But I have much respect for anyone that stops drinking or using, and finds healthier ways to cope.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.