Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Should Non Biodegradable Plastics Be Banned?

China had been processing at least half of the world?s exports of waste paper, metals and used plastic ? 7.3 million tons in 2016, according to recent industry data. Last July, China notified the World Trade Organization that it intended to ban some imports of trash, saying the action was needed to protect the environment and improve public health...The sudden move has left Western countries scrambling to deal with a buildup of plastic and paper garbage while looking for new markets for the waste...

Every year, Britain sends China enough recyclables to fill up 10,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools, according to Greenpeace U.K. The United States exports more than 13.2 million tons of scrap paper and 1.42 million tons of scrap plastics annually to China, the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries has reported. That is the sixth-largest American export to China.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...EOR?li=BBnb7Kz
    This was a shock to me. I didn't know all this stuff was being shipped to China. It makes me question the idea of "recyclable" plastic when it's not even really being recycled. It's easy enough to avoid bottled water, but a lot of product is sold in plastic bottles.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I fully believe they should be banned unless required for medical usage.
    Blessed Be, in both Light and Darkness.
    ♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    I fully believe they should be banned unless required for medical usage.
    This right here.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.