Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Discussing anxiety with your supervisor

I'm just curious if anyone has ever discussed anxiety with their supervisor?

When I first began to have issues that I felt affected my work performance, I discussed it in private with my supervisor, and didn't face any repercussions. He said he had never noticed any performance issues and we worked out time for me to go dr appts, and he'd occasionally ask how I was doing (always in private). I will say that my situation never escalated to the point where I had to miss a day of work, there were a few days I came in late after a dr appointment.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I did as an intern a long time ago, when I wanted to quit and met with a supervisor. She told me our conversation would be confidential, so I blurted everything. Literally, when I walked out the door, she was making phone calls and spreading the word. It was pretty traumatic and I wish I had the presence of mind to chew her out for her deception. So, after that, I vowed never to divulge anything to employers. But your supervisor sounds like an sympathetic person.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Matt36Tx View Post
    I'm just curious if anyone has ever discussed anxiety with their supervisor?

When I first began to have issues that I felt affected my work performance, I discussed it in private with my supervisor, and didn't face any repercussions. He said he had never noticed any performance issues and we worked out time for me to go dr appts, and he'd occasionally ask how I was doing (always in private). I will say that my situation never escalated to the point where I had to miss a day of work, there were a few days I came in late after a dr appointment.
    Your lucky to have a good boss most don?t care or don?t want to know .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I remember mentioning to one of my co-workers about my panic attacks & the next day they had posted on the wall methods of relaxing - LOL

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.