Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

School shootings

I am so angry.

I am so angry that this country isn't doing more to prevent this. I'm angry I had to drop my daughter off to school with fear and anxiety. I'm angry my daughter can't go to a public place without the risk of being harmed. I'm angry the innocence of school is gone.

Why does this keep happening? I don't understand. I just want this to stop. My anxiety is so high today from this. I'm in so much emotional pain for those parents who I can't even imagine the pain and torment they are living.

I keep getting updates from my daughters school and safety procedures and protocol and how they have extra security there today, but I'm left feeling so helpless and scared that I won't be able to protect my little girl from harms way. I shouldn't have to fear her life while she's at school.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They could pass a bill that would still allow guns but not ones as powerful. We all know guns will never be banned from the US. That is a fact. Look at all the shootings that have happened before. You still have guns in houses. Now if we were to look at the types of guns allowed for sale we might solve part of the problem. Certain guns can hold so many rounds. You can fire so many shots a minute. That is what they need to reduce to begin with. Still allow those Americans their guns. But not ones that hold more than ten bullets. Make it so the legal guns can fire about 3 shots a minute. That would still save lives. You have guns out there that can fire 50 to 100 rounds a minute. Reduce that and somebody would at least stand a chance of getting to the gunman. If the gun could only fire 3 rounds a minute. Less shots. More time to either flee or tackle the person with the gun. Who needs high powered weapons? What would your average person use such weapons for? Most people say they want a gun for self defence. 3 shots a minute would give you enough time to defend yourself. As for hunters? How many shots do they need? If they were any good 1 shot, 1 kill. Simply reduce the power of the weapons. People will still be killed. But it would give people a good chance to get out of there too. More rounds you can let off the less chance you have of bolting for it. Until the shooter runs out of bullets. Have to keep the gun owners happy as well here. They hold a lot of political power over there. Get the balance right.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm angry too. And the fact that nothing will change because politicians are too scared of the NRA blowback. There's no reason for civilians to own assault rifles, unless you plan on committing a mass murder. And there's no legit reason to oppose rigorous background checks.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Im angry too, and people wonder why I have agoraphobia. I'm such a jerk for bringing my daughter to this place called earth.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My comment may be insensitive logically due to my thinking how I perceive things

School shootings will never stop other acts of bombings shootings will not stop never you can never dictate what a human can do humans think they can prevent or stop something in certain circumstances yes others no therefore saying let?s stop school shootings is like let?s stop bullying it won?t stop you know why because humans have words and emotions therefore they will do and say as they please some don?t care well others do you think banning guns will stop shootings no it won?t buying a gun isn?t complicated on the streets or whatever mental health checks don?t help you know why people know how to trick Doctors psychs etc

Personally I feel this whole school shootings thing is tragic and sad although I know that they won?t stop also the whole most people who shoot up schools are mentally ill is not really the factor in all cases or the violent video games make people violent bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    First off there are ways to help stop this but they are not putting them into actions!! A school in Indiana fixed there school to where all schools should follow suit !!! Look it up I can not remember the name but if the Government would get off their lazy asses and stop fighting back and forth and put the children first and give the schools the funding they need to function which they do not .. My Hubby works at a School my Daughter Inlaw is a school teacher , my sister inlaws are school teachers and my nieces .. So what is being done NOT A DARN THING !! They could have the metal detectors in all doors leading in and out of the schools they could have the security cameras in the hallways and rooms and a guard watching them all and there is a smoke that fills the hallway and sends sirens off to send the shooters in circles because they are not able to see but first they gotta make in the front or rear door .. The Indiana school has a lock down system in place and all classroom doors lock and are bullet proof .. The kids are safe in this school ! Watch their video and you will see this can be prevented IF inside the school.. The Bullet proof back packs and note binders are so needed and also make sure the kids have a cell phone with the gps activated .. So there is a lot that can be done at schools but they are not being done.. No Parent should have to send their child to a unsafe school when things can be done!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I actually saw that on you tube. Not only did this school go into lockdown. the halls began to release some kind of smoke like substance. Before anybody moans about it, it was not smoke. It was simply to make everything impossible to see for any gunman. You become confused. Lose your bearings. Everybody in the rooms are safe and out of reach of this smoke like substance. Which did actually clear after a period of time. The reporter was the mock shooter. The school went into full lockdown. Reporter was in the hall outside. Suddenly he could see nothing at all. He had no clue as to what direction he was even going. Did find the handle off a door. But it was locked. We had our police arrive and then it was like using a reverse vent. The hall was cleared of this smoke like substance and they found the reporter kind of confused and lost. He was trying to find the way out when they grabbed him. It was amazing to see what one school could do. Then you wonder why others can't do the same thing. If people don't agree with smoke like substances, they could use sound or strobe lighting. Once the pupils are safe a certain sound played would make you drop to the ground. Mix that with strobe lighting. Your head would be gone crazy in seconds and you would want out of there. So there are things they could use. Instead of saying ' tip your desk and hide behind it '. A desk is no protection at all. Would metal detectors stop a gunman entering a school? He would shoot the security guard and keep on walking. If an alarm went off and the place went into lockdown, the pupils would have to be already in the rooms. Imagine them trapped in the halls. Rooms locked. Gunman enters the exact same time as the pupils, it would cause a big problem still. For things to be perfect, the gunman must arrive after everybody has entered the rooms.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.