Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Funny Irish Weather warning video ( Must Watch )

https://www.facebook.com/WhispersNew...hQ&pnref=story

Came out as a link instead of the normal video. Is safe to click on. Just on a facebook page. They are a fake news crowd. Taken the piss out of the bad weather we have here in Ireland at the moment. Which is what we do best. Take the piss out of ourselves.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Beast from the east got you too then? We have it in Wales.

Its like bloody siberia out there right now. I mean, its usually windy here, but this is a whole new level of freezing cold wind.

(the map showing which areas of the UK are affected by the weather warning comes out in a shape that makes me wonder if a high school male drew it. Not going to post it here, but I'm sure you can imagine.)

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Could have been worse. I was out yesterday. Trains were all screwed up. 1 hour waiting for a train to get back home. The tracks were flooded due to tide swell. We had storm Emma moving in from the South. The Beast coming from the East at the same time. Still think they got is badly wrong. They all but closed the Country down. Red weather warning. it never got that bad. Strong winds and the odd blizzard here and there. Inch or three or snow. They told us we were going to get about six feet of snow. Worse than 1982. Now they will have to come clean and admit they got it wrong again. Like they did last year with the hurricane they predicted. The hurricane that never showed up.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Got Emma here as well.

Trains here have stopped running. Most of the roads out of town have been closed. It feels a bit "nobody leaves".

Power went down a few minutes ago. Had a surge before the backups here kicked in. Had a warning advising us to remaining indoors. There's probably yet another panic for food at the stores again. Always happens whenever there is snow. Everyone thinks that there will be a food shortage and starts stockpiling. About as far as it has happened, we've run out of avocados. Disaster lol.

All the Polish people here are laughing there backsides off. This is everyday for them. And we get it, and everything grinds to a stand still.

Meanwhile, I shall be staying indoors.

This video is basically the British reaction to snow.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcthesocia...2009239576162/

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Lot of those videos appearing up over here too. Dealers on street corners selling bread on the sly. Few really funny ones. Old man tossing bread out the back for the birds and a bloke appears along and dives on it and bails over the wall.

Queues for the shops here are crazy. Some thing. People assuming it is the end of the World. Yesterday everything stopped in Ireland at 2PM. Everybody was told to be indoors at 4PM. It never got that bad at all. Think it was far worse six years ago.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow. That will make a mess out of everything. Melting snow and the likes. They are expecting floods.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Oh Lord. LOL

Last night we had some looting going on. They stole a JCB and knocked the front of the shop down. All I saw people holding in the video was drink. Is a certain part of Dublin known for that sort of thing. There was no big surprise to anybody at all.

Kind of all melting here today. Yesterday it snowed all day long. Making it very bad out there. But it is a bit milder today if you class 4 degrees as milder. I was out clearing paths this morning. OUCH my arms and back. Shops are all out of stock. Case of lasting till Monday. When they get more in. Maybe the places they order from will do a Sunday run. Think the worst of it is over now.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I went over to the store yesterday (I was genuinly out of milk, no panic buying here haha). They seemed to have a lot in stock then. But the queues at the tills were abnormally long. Friends sent me an image of the store today though. Stripped bare. No milk to be had. No bread. No value tins of baked beans. No absolutley nothing. One day of snow and everyone panic buys.

Pretty much melting here as well, but trains still screwed up. Flatmate who is hoping to get out to South-Wales tomorrow has been recieving a constant barrage of "How to get a refund if your train is cancelled/delayed" messages today.

Mum's in Scotland at the moment though - it's not melted there, and she has a plane booked tomorrow. That may be fun. Ryannair is being very...well, Ryannair about the whole thing. Probably will just end up leaving everyone without reorganizing if it's cancelled, ffs.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Shops are empty here too. Of food that is. Going to have to eat cardboard for a day or two.

Ryan air don't hand out sick bags on flights. You know this one? You get sick on a flight you have to foot the cleaning bill. I kid you not. Scotland can get it bad. Was in Inverness for a while. When the snow arrived it just seemed to never stop. Gates on the road and everything. So cars can't get trapped in certain places. Was all new to me.

Today I shall sit in. Let it rain some more and get rid of the mess out there.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Crazy. But funny. Had rain earlier. Sweet rain. Tomorrow will be the big shopping day.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So apparently we're having "Beast from the East round two" today. Now to be honest, it doesn't look that bad out there (at least in South East England it isn't) and all the roads are absolutely fine. But for some stupid reason I can't quite work out, because this is Britain and the tiniest bit of snow means disaster, the trains have decided to cancel.

Which means that I'm going to have a lot of fun getting back home today. One train I need to get is cancelled. Thankfully i have managed to get a lift up to where I need to get a connection and the roads are well...clear. That connection is not cancelled, but is running a "replacement bus service" instead. Across a route where there isn't even any snow.

Ireland been hit by this? We're also supposedly about to get hit by "Pest from the west".

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The son of the beast. We got a bit over night. Then it came down bad for a few hours when we up out of bed. Snow covered roads again. Gales. Not as bad as the last time. Trains are still running here. Who knows what is yet to come.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Record of 89 degrees today. Too warm for March. I hope it’s not a sign of what’s to come this summer, but I shouldn’t complain.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Oh sorry. I didn’t realize this was for Irish weather only. I can start a thread re: Florida weather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.