Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

HELP! I couldn't move!

First of all, I'm sorry but I accidentally posted about this in the friends and family section first. That's what happens when you've only woken up 5 minutes ago and you're already panicking. It's early morning and I've been drifting on and out of sleep. I woke up from a half dream I was having and immediately discivered I could not move at all. I couldn't make any sound or open my eyes either. I was trying so hard to move or make a sound but I couldn't. I could only move my right foot. I thought this was it, that I was finally dying. It lasted about 30 seconds to a minute. What just happened? Was I still dreaming? I am freaking out!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Not dreaming as such. Sleep paralysis. It is a very common thing. You are half asleep and half awake. Unable to do much at all. Can be frightening when you have no idea what it is. Does not have to happen every time you sleep. Once in a blue moon maybe. I get it from time to time myself. Only I actually like it. Why? Because I know what it is. I am aware of what is happening. Kind of fascinates me. You can look it up. In truth it only lasts a few seconds. But may feel longer to the person going through it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Mod here, got rid of duplicate thread.

Had sleep paralysis a few times myself. Was pretty frightening a few times. But, it relatively harmless, and is often, not a sign of anything being seriously wrong.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, sorry about that duplicate thread. Alright, now that I know what it was I'm not worried anymore. Read up on it. But God was that scary! If I hadn't just woken up scared crapless at the time of writing this post I probably wouldn't have written it. I just needed some time for my sleepy panicked brain to clear and then I would've been able to think a bit more calmly about my situation instead of freaking and posting this.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    This sort of stuff dates back in history. Amazing what they used to make of it years ago. Talking a few Centuries back. Used to think it was Demons sitting on their chest. They even claimed it was sexual in nature. Shows how long it has been documented for. The succubus was the female demon. The incubus was the male demon. This would all happen during sleep paralysis. People seeing things that were not really there. Because they were half awake and half asleep still. The dream mind is still active. But because you are part awake you see it as been all real. That is what frightens most people. Not knowing what is going on. Can feel like a long time that they can't move. Can't say a single word either. It is only a matter of seconds. I always try to focus on my big toe. Use my mind to move the toe. Once you manage that, you snap out of it. You are back in control of things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes, when I was reading up on sleep paralysis yesterday I heard that some people actually see things like ghosts and demons when it happens to them (which wasn't the case with me because I couldn't open my eyes anyway). Funny what people used to think about it a long time ago.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.