Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

A New Psychiatrist

Hi.
    I went to see a new psychiatrist today. I feel proud of myself for doing the research, waiting for apt and following through. I want my meds to be prescribed by an appropriate doctor, not my primary care doctor. All empowering steps. I didn?t tell him everything, just where I am now. I?m doing well.
    This is another big step posting this here. Blush.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Well done to you! Always daunting seeing a new person for the first time. Hope it works for you in the future.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That's awesome Jamie. Nothing makes my anxiety worse than seeing a new doc for the first time. You got through the first appointment and that's usually the worst in my experience. Good to hear you're doing well
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks. It feels good having this new doc and new team. He’s a resident doc so after my apt the top doctor(?) comes in to repeat everything back. I feel like I’m in good hands. I plan on being extremely truthful but a little at a time. This way we build trust.
    Thanks for responding Otherside and invisableguy. Have a wonderful day.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    How has your experience with your new psychiatrist been now that you’ve been seeing them for a bit?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My next appt is tomorrow. Ill let you know how it went. Thanks for asking.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I had my 2nd apt this afternoon. I like him although he’s mostly monitoring my meds. We do spend time talking and he wants me to create a chart alotting myself some ‘me’ time every day. Since ive taken over this new job a year ago im at work earlier and home later so for instance i dont have time to swim laps anymore. My job is to make time. He said ill burn myself out if i dont have time for me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Good Luck Jamie, sounds like you are heading in the right direction!!! A job is hard enough with anxiety and you started a new one that is great !!! He is so right about me time I went to work came home and worked and also had my grandma to watch over and my hubby was always on my son about something so I stressed a lot and I did finally break down so you do need to make sure you take the time to do what you enjoy and if that is swimming then you really need to try and do that or something .. me and swimming lol I never learned to swim I almost drown one time and since then I am scared to try but I did go out on the Ohio River our jet ski by myself but I wore a life jacket I loved doing it we went a lot until one day we were leaving and I was watching the hubby pull the jet ski out of the water and a huge purple condom was hanging off the back I gagged and said well this is now my last trip !!! The River was beautiful out in the center but the sides were bad and getting worse so we ended up selling it and going back to our antique cars lol... swimming is so great for the body and mind . Wish you the best!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, I went off my meds for about a week. Big mistake. Depression is still there without meds. I’m fe long fine again but def need medication.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.