Thread: Lamotrigine

ChasingBalloons's Avatar Organized Mess
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lamotrigine

Hey...so I saw a psychiatrist recently and was prescribed Lamotrigine for mood swings- she didn't diagnosis me yet, but knows that I struggle with extreme mood issues, so she wanted me to try this. I haven't started it yet. Curious if anyone here has tried it and what your experience was, what kind of affects it had, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I'm on it for epilepsy, but can be commonly used for major depressive disorder and bipolar.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright- thanks! I'll just give it a shot. I definitely deal with bad depression, so hopefully it helps with that and the highs and lows. She said it would even out my mood since its so up and down. So, we shall see. Always appreciate your help and advice.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Update- so I stopped this cold turkey a few days ago due to an allergic reaction. Fun. I was kinda hopeful, but once the dose was increased, I had a reaction and it took me awhile to realize this stuff was the cause, so yeah... be careful if any of you decide to try this. Definitely increase slowly and watch out for anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if it was having any affects or not. There may have been subtle ones, plus I didn't reach too high of a dose and it's hard to tell since I have so much other stuff going on. I have been feeling weird after stopping it, but I'm also tapering off a benzo, so yeah, lol. We'll see what happens next. Next psych appt. should be fun.

But yeah- just an update if anyone wanted to know, lol.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote ChasingBalloons View Post
    Update- so I stopped this cold turkey a few days ago due to an allergic reaction. Fun. I was kinda hopeful, but once the dose was increased, I had a reaction and it took me awhile to realize this stuff was the cause, so yeah... be careful if any of you decide to try this. Definitely increase slowly and watch out for anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if it was having any affects or not. There may have been subtle ones, plus I didn't reach too high of a dose and it's hard to tell since I have so much other stuff going on. I have been feeling weird after stopping it, but I'm also tapering off a benzo, so yeah, lol. We'll see what happens next. Next psych appt. should be fun.

But yeah- just an update if anyone wanted to know, lol.
    Gah!!! I'm sorry to hear that it ended up being allergic Are they going to switch to anything else?

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.