Thread: Hi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi

Hi everyone this is my first post so here's my story (the shortened version!) So essentially I have health anxiety and have had since a teenager I'm 40 now. Generally my anxiety focuses on my breathing which I am aware of every waking moment. With this awareness comes chronic hyperventilation and all the physical symptoms of that which then feed the anxiety. Personally I think I have an element of ocd but haven't managed to get anyone to agree with that yet. I've had a few previous bad episodes where I had to take many months of work and I've been off work since Easter. Dr gave me ssri which although I've had a different ssri before, made my anxiety horrendous and i couldn't eat and barely slept for 6 days resulting in me going to a&e in desperation. I'm now about 10 days into pregabalin but I'm finding it's making me brain fogged and somewhat confused and I'm only on a night time dose i daren't add in the morning dose yet. Still struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel I'm sleeping poorly I'm exhausted and I'm breathing really badly. I have an appointment with a psychologist in a few days (if i can get myself there cos driving is obviously a problem right now) I've previously been a member of anxiety zone which I found helpful - I'm looking for some understanding and support and hope I can return the favour!
    Thanks for reading

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Hi Bradley, welcome
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Welcome!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hi Bradley!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Howdy

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this a very active forum? What's the best way to chat with people? I posted in the meds section but got no replies but could just be it's an unusual medication
    Thanks

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Bradley... It maybe a little late to say "Welcome", but I am doing so anyhow-LOL! I read what you wrote here on April 28th, and wondered how things are going for you now. I hope that someone told you that when you start an SSRI, is it very normal for one's anxiety to get worse not better, for the first several weeks. I am on Celexa, my anxiety was really bad, but it went off the scale when I started the med. Per Hell!... I was on Anxiety Zone too, and was one of their Global Moderators when the site shut down. Wish the owner had sold the site, and not merely closed it. Well again, welcome, and I hope you are doing better... Chucko

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.