Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pregabalin for anxiety

Has anyone any experience wirh pregabalin for anxiety? I'm 10 days in just taking 75mg at night but aiming for 75mg twice a day. Worried that I'm feeling groggy and brain fogged just on night time dose and hoping these side effect will wear off?
    Thanks

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I've been on Lyrica/ Pregabalin for epilespy (and to help nerve pain and anxiety) as bonus side effect. It helped my anxiety, but worsened my groggyness. Took about 90 days to adjust. How are you feeling now?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi!
    I'm not sure how much the pregabalin is helping tbh tho im still increasing the dose slowly. I'm still getting some dizziness and i still feel a bit drunk and not quite with it sometimes. Im tired all the time but still not sleeping. Still having panic attacks and breathing difficulties. I'm only 6 wks in yet and like I said increasing the dose so perhaps still early days?
    Thanks

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    It took them 15 months to get me up to 400mg, and for all side effects to go down enough to feel actual benefits. 6 weeks is deffo still pretty early!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow 15 months is a long time! I'm currently off work sick and i need to get back! Has it been worth the wait for you anxiety wise?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm not sure of pregabalin. For awhile I was trying GABA supplements and foods rich in GABA that would help anxiety, There's a type of brown rice that is specifically bred for a high GABA content. It didn't help me much, unfortunately, but different meds for different heads etc

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote bradley1 View Post
    Wow 15 months is a long time! I'm currently off work sick and i need to get back! Has it been worth the wait for you anxiety wise?
    It was worth it anxiety wise. How are you feeling now?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still struggling. I'm 4 weeks on fluoxetine now as that's what i recovered on last time. Sleep still not good still struggling with breathing and just exhausted. It's a rough old ride

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.