Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite games?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Still like to play Risk. Or similar types of games. Call me old school but I even still play space invaders. Break-out as well. Brick breaking game. Anybody ever try Sokoban? Head wrecking game. But I love it so much. Laser tanks is another old classic. But you need a good brain and a lot of patience.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Still like to play Risk. Or similar types of games. Call me old school but I even still play space invaders. Break-out as well. Brick breaking game. Anybody ever try Sokoban? Head wrecking game. But I love it so much. Laser tanks is another old classic. But you need a good brain and a lot of patience.
    I will beat you at Risk...I just don't know where to find a free way to play it online.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    "i want a game to be as smart as me. i would have perimeter guards and booby traps all kinds of motion sensors that would go off. suburban homes are protected better than the enemy outposts in far cry. maybe i need to play on hard but i think how ai is programmed makes them too easy to beat, so easy to sneak up to. it should be way more difficult to get even close to these enemy bases you’re invading over and over. f*ck elon musk we need better artificial intelligence. i don’t care if my better gaming results in the end of the world i’m gen x and i have hot takes." - mc chris on the video game far cry

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would say MC Chris needs to play a few different games that don't cater to a general easy-win loving public.

But I've also had a large amount of whiskey and relying heavily on auto correct right now so I accept the possibility of being wrong.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    "i want a game to be as smart as me. i would have perimeter guards and booby traps all kinds of motion sensors that would go off. suburban homes are protected better than the enemy outposts in far cry. maybe i need to play on hard but i think how ai is programmed makes them too easy to beat, so easy to sneak up to. it should be way more difficult to get even close to these enemy bases you’re invading over and over. f*ck elon musk we need better artificial intelligence. i don’t care if my better gaming results in the end of the world i’m gen x and i have hot takes." - mc chris on the video game far cry
    Try Laser tanks. The original version. See how good you really are. Can be got for PC and the original is now on Android for the phone as well. Takes up very little space. Happy to see it for the phone. May look like nothing much. But that game can get very hard.

https://download.cnet.com/Laser-Tank...-10015874.html
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm not looking for a video game as smart as me lol. That was mc chris saying all that. I would like to play a video game a little smarter than I am (not really a very high bar for AI).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have actually been playing more board and card games than video games lately. I got burned out on the Silent Hill series after they cancelled Silent Hills, and most of the newer video games I have tried I have lost interest in quickly. Many seem overly complicated, or unimaginative, or just not worth the investment of time necessary for them to be pleasant to me.

Having said that, I don't mean to hijack your thread, TwerkinforTalos, but do you enjoy any card or board games?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not particularly. They tend to require more than one person. I understand the appeal though.
    *Fart noises*

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    If we’re talking single player games then JazzPunk is my favorite. It’s really quirky and just plain fun!

For multiplayer games my favorite (used) to be World of Warcraft.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Speaking of artificial intelligence in videya games, I read about a computer program developed in the 1970s in the US to try to attempt to produce a sort of computer psychoanalyst that would provide efficient, inexpensive therapy for humans. The program developers tested it by having a human psychoanalyst interact with it via messages typed out on a computer console. It's pretty hilarious, because the program basically repeated everything the human psychoanalyst communicated to it back to him, but in the form of a question, and every so often, brought up the subject of the human psychoanalyst's relationship with his parents, something like this:

Human: Hello.
    Computer: I hear you are telling me hello.
    Human: How are you?
    Computer: What you're saying is you want to know how I am doing.
    Human: I had a rough day.
    Computer: You sound like you have had a rough day. Let's talk about that.
    Human (seemingly frustrated): You're just a computer program, you could never possibly replace a human psychoanalyst.
    Computer: I notice you haven't talked about your relationship with your mother.
    Human: Why would I?
    Computer: You are asking me why I would ask you about your relationship with your mother. How is your relationship with your father?
    Human: F*CK YOU!
    Computer: You seem to be telling me f*ck me.
    Human: (Walks away angrily)

Some very prominent individuals, such as Elon Musk, have expressed fear and anxiety about AI as an existential threat. A lot of movies (Terminator series, Matrix series) and sci-fi literature have basically done the same. I think it can be tempting to compare human thought processes to those of a computer program or robot or other type of machine. This is odd to me to consider a machine more capable of a "human" characteristic like intelligence than a primate other mammalian species like whales and dolphins.

A bit off-topic for a thread about our favorite games. Interesting nevertheless, I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.